MSN showing their true "colors" in article title - why is race necessary here?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JNieman

Dush
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    Lafayette
    Well, honestly it is important.

It's demographically important. I've long been critical of the NRA being a stuffy old white men club. I'm glad they have a younger guy, and glad he's not white. I hope it helps break the image of the stuffy old white man sitgma most people put on the NRA. I hope that changing the image is quickly followed by a changing of the guard.

Sugarbug

Sugarbug don't care.
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   1
    Feb 5, 2012
    Slidell
    Who cares honestly? The gun community by far and large is viewed as fat rednecks and rich white guys.

I fully support bringing attention to the actual diversity of the gun community.

JNieman

Dush
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    Lafayette
    Also, after reading the article... I don't much see the hate for the NRA "and all things guns" - I thought it was rather plainly stated.

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    I like Noir, too- and think he's a great addition to the NRA.

Ever hear of Kenn Blanchard? He's been spreading the good word on guns for years, too....He is the original "black man with a gun"- he's even written a book by that title. :)

He is a dynamic individual- and every gun owner's friend. I've been listening to him for a few years. Good man, as well.

http://kennblanchard.com/

Here's an interview he did recently on NPR. Good stuff.

http://www.npr.org/2013/02/28/173151752/black-reverend-guns-are-important-to-my-church

Last edited:

Gator 45/70

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Wow, I'm a bit confused here after reading this, So help me out in case i missed something ?
    If your a Democrat Liberal and a person of color your addressed as African American. However...
    If you side with the NRA you have stepped back 10 year's to being addressed a ''Black man " ?
    Which in itself is not a bad thing.
    BTW, I enjoy his vid's.

1911Dave

Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Mandeville
    So its ok to label him as black in this article, but its not ok for the news to mention race when describing a criminal in their description? What hypocrisy

bs875

Rating - 100%
    232   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    His last name is Noir. Noir means black in French. I know some of y'all should know that. He should be glad his parents didn't name him Drakkar.

Top Bottom