Music you're listening to now!

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LACamper

oldbie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 3, 2007
    Metairie, LA
    The Boogiemen are a New Orleans cover band that we catch at Rock'n'Bowl occasionally. Kate Mendelson sings in our church, fantastic voice (this doesn't begin to do her justice...).

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    The Boogiemen are a New Orleans cover band that we catch at Rock'n'Bowl occasionally. Kate Mendelson sings in our church, fantastic voice (this doesn't begin to do her justice...).

Damn! This dude has been in a band since I was a teenager. Talk about chasing your dream of stardom! :p

I saw him and his band at the Old Post Office on Downman Road in the late 70's (possibly early 80's). It was a battle of the bands show. I still remember the 3 songs they played for their set; Genesis', I Know What I Like; Rolling Stones, Monkey Man; and Free's, All Right Now!

Ha! I bet he won't even remember that! :mamoru:

Don't remember if they won, however. Usually, by the time they got to that part of those shows; me and my buddies were babbling drunk! :rofl:

shrxfn

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 25, 2015
    SWLA
    Disturbed is an amazing band and the sound of silence is an amazing song. Who would have though that Disturbed singing a Simon and Garfunkle song would be one of the most amazing pieces of music ever performed. Turn your speakers up for this one.

http://youtu.be/u9Dg-g7t2l4

I agree that it is an awesome cover. I think it is along the lines of Johnny Cash's cover of NINs "Hurt" which in my opinion was a stellar cover. With both songs you can feel the lyrics come alive. I do think the Disturbed video is awesome though the imagery fits the song and how they are doing it.

Top Bottom