Muslim inmates sue over meal preparation

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Should he have rights to special meals because he is a muslim?

• Yes, he should be allowed to practice his faith.

Votes: 9 11.0%
    • Give him pork.

Votes: 13 15.9%
    • Seperate church and state, he eats what he gets

Votes: 28 34.1%
    • He is a prisoner, on death row, he has no rights. Let him starve.

Votes: 38 46.3%

• Total voters

SGT_Kramer

Knuckle Buster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 23, 2010
    Ball
    eyyy I should have looked before I voted.. I'm the only one who voted Yes, he should be allowed to practice his faith. I need to stop hugging people something cuz I guess it's making me soft.

SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    Pretty sure you give up all of your rights when you walk into the prison wearing an orange jumpsuit. I think he should be served a pulled pork sandwich and a tall glass of Shut The **** Up.

pmac81

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 16, 2009
    Gonzales
    I worked at Angola, and any prisoner needing a special diet for the practice of their religion (within reason) was granted it, muslims were allowed to not have pork and were substituted with beef, catholics were given seafood or fish on fridays during lent, hindus no beef etc etc, this falls under freedom of religion and cruel and unusual punishment protection. Not at all saying I agree with him, personally if you kill people you give up your rights to be treated as a human and therefore screw your diet, they need to execute him and get it over with, after putting some bacon on him after he's strapped down, just to see how that whole "paradise" thing isn't going to happen for him, just my .02

SGT_Kramer

Knuckle Buster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 23, 2010
    Ball
    I worked at Angola, and any prisoner needing a special diet for the practice of their religion (within reason) was granted it, muslims were allowed to not have pork and were substituted with beef, catholics were given seafood or fish on fridays during lent, hindus no beef etc etc, this falls under freedom of religion and cruel and unusual punishment protection. Not at all saying I agree with him, personally if you kill people you give up your rights to be treated as a human and therefore screw your diet, they need to execute him and get it over with, after putting some bacon on him after he's strapped down, just to see how that whole "paradise" thing isn't going to happen for him, just my .02
    see this is what gets me.. I'm catholic and would want the same right. I'm sure someone Jewish would too.. Not saying it has to be anything any better just within religous standard.

Slim

Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Mar 9, 2011
    Metairie
    Pretty sure you give up all of your rights when you walk into the prison wearing an orange jumpsuit. I think he should be served a pulled pork sandwich and a tall glass of Shut The **** Up.

+1. Can't even begin to say how much I agree with this statement.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

charliepapa

Clandestine Sciuridae
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Jul 12, 2009
    Prairieville

+1. Can't even begin to say how much I agree with this statement.

ME TOO!!! We're not talking about accommodating visiting dignitaries. There are death-row inmates, right? I'm 100% against coddling any prisoners for any reason. If you're a muslim or a jew, and you'd like to ensure your personal ability to eat a certain way, do not commit a crime!

I mean, he could always convert to Southern Baptist. We subscribe to the bible (which includes the new testament) and eat everything!

Last edited:

Russo

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 9, 2008
    Raceland,LA
    you eat what you get, regardless of belief... you do have rights though..cruel punishment and inhumane enviroment are two that i disagree with

Last edited:

charliepapa

Clandestine Sciuridae
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Jul 12, 2009
    Prairieville
    you eat what you get, regardless of belief... you do have rights though..cruel punishment and inhumane environment are two that i disagree with

for death row inmates? if so, I'd be agreeable on offering them the easy way out as an option to having to tolerate anything they may deem cruel and/or inhumane, and in the same manner as their victims.

Top Bottom