Mutiple guns, one FFL fee?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • James Cannon

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 31, 2010
    Laffy
    Well, if in Lafayette, Custom Gun Works charges per-gun no matter what.

I had 2 stripped AR lowers on the same form and it was $50 a pop. Ouch. Serious Ouch.

Tim67

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 20, 2010
    EBR
    With a FFL fee of $30-35 and shipping of about the same, it takes away some of the "deal" of some of the online sales. I'm looking for a way to cut down on that. Can you pay one FFL fee and pick up multiple guns at the same time, running several on one 4473?

Depends on how much money your FFL guy wants to make. The law just requires the dealer to get a 4473 on each gun and call in a NICS check. They don't care what he charges. He can do it for free if he wants to. Now, there's not an actual limit on how many guns you can buy at once, but when you buy multiple guns, it's reported to the ATF. Shouldn't cause you any trouble-unless you've been in the habit of pushing limits.

cajunrider

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 28, 2009
    Schriever
    I've done as many as 1 handgun and 8 long guns on a single 4473. You can line them up on an attached sheet of paper after using the provided lines on page 3. It saves time and each 4473 requires a separate NICS background check. More than one handgun on a 4473 requires filing a multiple handgun purchase form with BATF and the local sheriff or police chief.

Top Bottom