Muzzle Device on Bolt Action?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bigchillin83

Rating - 100%
    96   0   1
    Feb 27, 2012
    Livingston
    For attachment of suppressor that would be it.. I don’t think they have enough recoil to add that much muzzle blast, unless maybe kid and wanting to reduce recoil sting but better be wearing ear pro lol

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    For attachment of suppressor that would be it.. I don’t think they have enough recoil to add that much muzzle blast, unless maybe kid and wanting to reduce recoil sting but better be wearing ear pro lol

Yes, it would be for a suppressor. My preference is to not have to go to a direct thread mount for one rifle.

twinin

Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    May 5, 2017
    Houma
    No problem with muzzle brake at all. It's convenient for QD. Most prefer direct thread suppressors for precision on bolt guns but for 300 BLK I don't think it will make a significant difference

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    When it comes to subsonic 300 BLK, a bolt action is the way to go. Quieter for sure. QD muzzle device is great. A good handload can be a world of difference when you delete auto cycling concerns. Turn it up to 1100 fps 147-168gr and you’re at another level. You might even be able to ditch the crossbow scope.

Top Bottom