My 2nd AR Build

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rmorrison

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 13, 2010
    morgan city, la
    fever strickened! enjoyed de 1st build so much, decided to get started on another. decided to put together a "predator hunter" style ar-15. we're plagued with coy dogs on our hunting lease and this should help the off season go by. couldn't wait for all my parts so i decided to use an existing upper/ lower and parts from an previous build.

.223 / 5.56
    DPMS 24" Stainless Bull Barrel 1:9 twist, fluted, target crowned w/ low profile gas block
    DPMS Rifle Length Free Float Handguard (smooth profile w/o any rails)
    LAR Ops-4 Side Charged Upper Receiver (right handed w/ bolt carrier group)
    CMMG Lower Receiver w/ DPMS Lower Parts Kit
    Timney Drop In Trigger (small pin, 3# Pull)
    DPMS Panther Style Pistol Grip w/ palm shelf
    MagPul PRS Buttstock w/ Std. A1/A2 Buffer Assy.
    MagPul enhanced trigger guard
    Nikon M-223 3-12x42 BDC scope w/ Nikon 1pc. mount
    ATN 390 NVS

IMG_0305.jpg

Crimson

Hk convert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 19, 2010
    Monroe, La
    very nice I'm starting my first AR build right now. So far Ive ordered a Spikes Tactical Zombie edition lower, the st enhanced parts kit, buffer tube assembly, a magpul moe fde stock, and purchased an eotech 512, now im just trying to decide on a upper. btw its nice to see a fellow tool fan on the sight.

deafdave3

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 26, 2010
    fever strickened! enjoyed de 1st build so much, decided to get started on another. decided to put together a "predator hunter" style ar-15. we're plagued with coy dogs on our hunting lease and this should help the off season go by. couldn't wait for all my parts so i decided to use an existing upper/ lower and parts from an previous build.

.223 / 5.56
    DPMS 24" Stainless Bull Barrel 1:9 twist, fluted, target crowned w/ low profile gas block
    DPMS Rifle Length Free Float Handguard (smooth profile w/o any rails)
    LAR Ops-4 Side Charged Upper Receiver (right handed w/ bolt carrier group)
    CMMG Lower Receiver w/ DPMS Lower Parts Kit
    Timney Drop In Trigger (small pin, 3# Pull)
    DPMS Panther Style Pistol Grip w/ palm shelf
    MagPul PRS Buttstock w/ Std. A1/A2 Buffer Assy.
    MagPul enhanced trigger guard
    Nikon M-223 3-12x42 BDC scope w/ Nikon 1pc. mount
    ATN 390 NVS

IMG_0305.jpg

Has that gun ever been in Arlen's gun shop in Jeanerette?

Bam Bam

Certified gun nut!
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Denham Springs/Watson, La
    Nice rig! How do you like the Nikon 223 scope?? How heavy is it with that barrel? My 20 inch Hbar stainless barrel is heavy! My next build will be a light weight barrel.

Bam Bam

rmorrison

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 13, 2010
    morgan city, la
    thanks gents!

decided to make a few changes due to availible parts & cash flow! here's the change list:
    DPMS Low Pro Upper
    Spike's Chrome BCG
    BCM Mod 3 Gunfighter Charging handle
    Stag Lower
    A2 Buttstock

(will update pics when i get her squared away)

the barrel is a bit longer than i wanted and the overall weight compares to a wooden stock bolt action hunting rifle.i haven't had a chance to mount up the M223 scope yet, but i did get to zero it with the NVS. sighting in at night was a very different experience! i added a secondary IR illuminator to increase the effective range of the scope. i'm not too keen on shooter's lingo and all that MOA stuff, but it will eat the center out of a target at 100 yds. currently using Winchester Ballistic Silver Tips @ 55 gr. bear with me, i'm on a very BIG learning curve right now with AR's & shooting outside the realm of hunting season. my intentions are to mount & keep the day scope on this rifle and build another upper with a can for the darkness. i think this gun will be excellent for getting my family and i involved in some range shooting and keepin' predators in check. not to mention, the fun i'm having with the builds & learning new stuff.

Top Bottom