My complaint to Delta in response to NRA disassociation

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Vigilante Sniper

Guns are my crack!!
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    LaPlace
    *Origin
    MSY
    *Destination
    CUN
    Class Of Travel
    first_business
    *How Can We Help?
    I was planning on booking a flight for 3 of us today to Cancun, then I saw where Delta is disassociating itself with the NRA. I just want you to know I'm an NRA member and I will not be booking with Delta anymore. This knee jerk reaction to the Florida school shooting had nothing to do with the NRA or its members. I will ask the president to remove all air marshals from your flights also. I'm gonna miss flying Delta, but I have a right to take a stand too.

shrxfn

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 25, 2015
    SWLA
    I don't know how it happened but many of this countries corporations seem to be run by some real hard core leftists.

I don't think the people in charge of the corporations are leftists. They are reacting to what they perceive will be negative backlash by the vocal minority in this country. that is how the pop-up movements of the current times works. threaten boycotts and slander companies online with no repercussions and fear of stockholder backlash and you have the perfect storm.

If you have followed the me too movement you will find that you are also now guilty of harassment with just a Tweet from a phone with no substantial proof to back it up. I don't want people to get me wrong I think that it is about time we clean house on the crap that goes on with women in the workplace but I don't like the fact that people are assumed guilty until proven innocent. One Tweet and people are losing their lively hoods. If it is proven that someone did something then throw the book at them but until you have proof then they are innocent. I think I have read that somewhere before but it alludes me as to where I have seen it.:biglaugh:

Last edited:

CBlack

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 24, 2012
    Covington, La
    Sent an email to Delta and Hertz (I am Presidents Circle) saying I will no longer use them.

Booked my first rental with Thrifty a little while ago. Unfortunately I already had a nonrefundable flight booked with Delta but that will be it afterwards.

Of course my new company policies could screw all this up...

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Blackhawk

Blackhawk
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 3, 2008
    Pollock LA
    Sniper, you'll be happy to hear that Delta's move to divorce themselves from the NRA is probably gonna cost them $50 Million. Georgia Senate blocks jet fuel tax exemption: 'Corporations cannot attack conservatives and expect us to not fight back': Georgia Senate blocks a Delta tax deal after the airline cuts ties with the NRA

•Delta Air Lines ended a discount offered to National Rifle Association members
    •In response, Georgia Senate blocked a $50million jet fuel sales tax exemption
    •Lt Gov Casey Cagle insinuated earlier via a tweet that he would punish Delta for cutting ties with the NRA

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5438747/Georgia-Senate-blocks-Delta-tax-deal-NRA-ties-cut.html

Xenon

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jul 30, 2010
    Metairie
    I saw that last night and was very happy to see it. I believe Casey is running for Gov in the next cycle too

2A_Supporter

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2016
    BR, LA
    Enterprise Car Rental's lame response

My message to Enterprise:
    Sorry to find out that Your company made this political statement. I am compelled to counter yours with mine. I'll return the car tonight and I'm done with Enterprise until politics is removed from the company's culture.

The response:
    Thank you for contacting Enterprise Rent-A-Car. My name is Sarah. I will be happy to help you today.

Enterprise Holdings doesn’t sponsor, endorse or take a political stance with any organization. We regularly review our discount offers and decide which ones continue to make sense for our business.

We ended the discount with the NRA, effective March 26.

Thank you!

Kind regards,

Sarah
    Enterprise Rent-A-Car Escalations Support Coordinator

tallwalker

Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jul 24, 2012
    Covington, LA
    Well... at least they replied to your letter. "Up yours" probably isn't the reply you had hoped for but it does show why boycotts seldom work these days. Companies seem to care less and less about your business anyway and just shrug when you walk away. Like it is a privilege for you to do business with them. Guess times aren't hard enough anymore.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

XD-GEM

XD-GEM
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 8, 2008
    New Orleans
    I suspect that for many of these companies they are just using this as an excuse to get out of the discount program because such programs rarely boost sales al that much.

That being said, here's a conversation I had a few years back up in Pigeon Forge:

ME: 4 tickets, please.

DOLLYWOOD TICKET TAKER: AARP?

ME: No. How about NRA?

DOLLYWOOD TICKET TAKER (laughing): I wish!

paddle007

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Apr 15, 2009
    Covington
    My eyes popped upon discovering Delta sold a grand total of 13 NRA discounted tickets.
    What a **** storm they created to appease the noisy masses.

Top Bottom