my dog got the clap... wtf!?!?!

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mr. frog

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2013
    Vi-Lou
    my old buddy chaser had a lil blood in the urine stream the other day... didn't seem too "hurt" by it... i made a joke with my dad, "mabye he crossed the gate into that trashy neighbour's yard and got an std." well low and behold the vet had to give him some penicillin. doggie clamidia. what in the blue hell. has any other dog owners experienced such a thing?
    poor ole chaser.
    chaser_zpsa44f9d38.jpg

mr. frog

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2013
    Vi-Lou
    i had no idea it was possible either... apparently there are some scandalous currs in pointe coupee parish... there's a big rottwieler down the road who i think is to blame

bs875

Rating - 100%
    232   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    I'm gonna file that one away under good excuses. "I don't know baby. Maybe I got it from the dog. You know how he likes to sleep in the bed."

FTRrookie

Freedom Not Free Stuff
    Rating - 98.6%
    68   1   0
    Apr 25, 2009
    Houma, la
    I'm putting the blame for this right on your shoulders mr. frog! A good doggie daddy would have taught him about the dangers of unsafe sex and maybe even slipped him a couple of condoms to keep in his collar. Shame on you Sir! :bowrofl:

freedive10

-Global Mod-, Caballoloco
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Sep 17, 2008
    Mandeville
    Chlamydia is contagious and if there are other dogs in the household, your veterinarian may recommend antibiotics for them as well.
    Chlamydia is not common in dogs. About 50% of healthy dogs have antibodies against the disease. Treatment in dogs is antibiotics, particularly tetracycline and doxycycline applied topically and/or given orally for the prescribed amount of time.

Your vet should be the one to diagnose the disease and give you instructions on treatment.

mr. frog

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2013
    Vi-Lou
    Chlamydia is contagious and if there are other dogs in the household, your veterinarian may recommend antibiotics for them as well.
    Chlamydia is not common in dogs. About 50% of healthy dogs have antibodies against the disease. Treatment in dogs is antibiotics, particularly tetracycline and doxycycline applied topically and/or given orally for the prescribed amount of time.

Your vet should be the one to diagnose the disease and give you instructions on treatment.
    yeah the vet hooked him up. he is on the way to recovery. i'm certainly glad the doc didn't hand me a tube of topical ointment. guess we caught it quick enough. lol.. poor ole chaser. we went ahead and burned his favorite pillow

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Fanblade1
    Top Bottom