My favorite hand gun face off

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Which one(s) is your prefered handgun

• Total voters

Ske1etor

BOOM! LEGSHOT!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 30, 2008
    Chacahoula, Louisiana
    I think the reason is that the "Glock" crowd is known for being the rowdiest of the striker fired polymer gun enthusiast groups.

They are also the easiest to get into an uproar. I am a habitual line stepper and I am on a mission from JMB to bust the humps of all faithful followers of Gaston.

Further, a buddy of mine is attempting to sway the priest at his church to bless our pistols. Then we can say that they are "Made by Moses, Blessed by GOD.

Ske1etor

BOOM! LEGSHOT!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 30, 2008
    Chacahoula, Louisiana
    If you're talking about Glock folks, it has been my experience that 1911 fan-boys are as bad, if not worse.

Oh trust me, I know... I are one. :rofl:

I am a member at http://forums.1911forum.com/ and we get that often. I really don't get into the arguments much since I could really care less if you choose one gun over the other but sometimes I will indulge just to see how hot I can fan the flames. :D

I just don't really understand how a person could fumble sweeping the safety off though. I mean **** happens but most people shoot with their strong hand thumb riding on the safety lever. When you grip the firearm the safety gets swept off.

I just like the 1911 over the Glock becasue I don't like the trigger, the sound from racking the slide can bring mummies back from the dead and the grip angle has me shooting about 5 inches high at 7 yards if I attempt to point shoot... The other part I don't like is that it is freaking square. Why square? You want to know why? Because square parts are cheaper to cast than round parts...

See? I can spew some anti-glock garbage! hehe

Last edited:

babietuan323

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 26, 2007
    new orleans
    i have shot and loved both platforms. but from my experience many of my friends 1911s have experienced a lot of problems from what i remember. and with the glock we cant remember any time at all when there is a problem at the range with it

Ske1etor

BOOM! LEGSHOT!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 30, 2008
    Chacahoula, Louisiana
    i have shot and loved both platforms. but from my experience many of my friends 1911s have experienced a lot of problems from what i remember. and with the glock we cant remember any time at all when there is a problem at the range with it

I hear that alot. I believe it has alot to do with the fact that so many companies make 1911's and so many companies make aftermarket parts for them. Government issue 1911's and 1911A1's shot fine out of the box. The problem comes in when companies try to make the firearm perform better by tightening tolerances. Tightening tolerances produces tighter groups but lessens reliability. Another thing, most newer shooters don't run their 1911 as wet as they should. 1911's are at home swimming in oil. If it doesn't have oil running from the rails during firing, it is too dry.

Another problem is that most 1911 owners change things on their firearms. Very seldom do you see a bone stock 1911. Most have aftermarket upgrades on them when the stock parts worked fine. These aftermarket parts are expensive to purchase and sometimes even more expensive to have installed. What happens is people figure they can just drop the parts in. While some parts can be "Dropped in", most require atleast minor fitting due to tolerances.

Kimber for example, builds their firearms with very tight tolerances. That is why the firearm requires a "Break-In". It is tight from the factory on purpose and running the gun makes it loosen up in the areas that it needs to. That means that after the break in, the firearm will be as tight as it can be without sacrificing reliability. Also, you can fix the reliability issue with 1911's by loosening the rails, opening the barrel lugs slightly, and throating the chamber but these things all take away from accuracy slightly. 1911 consumers are bit by the accuracy bug and demand a firearm that can achieve 2 inch groups at 50 yards and they get it.

Glocks on the other hand are made by one company and they are built for reliability first and accuracy second. Start tightening a Glock up to the point that it can shoot groups with a 1911 and the glock will lose reliability also. Glock consumers demand a firearm that can achieve damn near 100 percent reliability and they get it.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom