my first girl

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • louis488

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 20, 2010
    New Orleans
    My first child a little girl was born today.

384841_10150356087502701_700282700_8300894_2039114870_n.jpg

6lb 5oz and 19.5in

Crimson

Hk convert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 19, 2010
    Monroe, La
    Congrats man. Alot of newborns here lately! Glad to see the potential for future 2nd amendment supporters!! You better start cleaning those shotguns she'll be a teenager before you know it!

jmanrogers

SGT JMAN
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Jan 3, 2011
    Alexandria
    Congrats man. Alot of newborns here lately! Glad to see the potential for future 2nd amendment supporters!! You better start cleaning those shotguns she'll be a teenager before you know it!

What he said!! CONGRATS!! YOU have officially been TAKEN!! Yes, she has taken your heart and she will take your pocket book. Hope mom is doing well and I wish y'all the best.

my-rifle

I make my own guns.
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 12, 2007
    Jefferson Parish
    Mine is about to turn 3. Get ready to laugh like you have never laughed before in your life. Can't speak to boys, since I don't have one, but little girls are the funniest things you will ever see. just remember that your wife is going to kill herself trying to protect this child and do the right thing by her. Support her, and take as much of the load off her as you can. You probably won't come close to 50%, since she's the mom, but do what you can. Take the night shifts whenever you can. Wash the bottles, and change the diapers. You'll never reach parity, but do what you can. She's the woman you're going to spend the rest of your life with.

Furthermore, you want your little girl to grow up expecting that men help women in the house. Don't raise her to settle for the first (as my wife would say) come mierda that comes along.

NOLASHOOTER

Rating - 100%
    55   0   0
    Jul 9, 2010
    New Orleans
    Congrats. They do grow up quickly. My youngest just turned 1 and that is an amazing time. She explores everything. You can see how she is working things out in her head.
    I am not going to lie to you. The first few months will seem like an eternity with trying to take care of them but it does get better and easier. Some of the most serene times have been when they take a nap on your chest. You can feel them breathing and they are calm and in a deep sleep. I cherished those moments and realized what was important in life.
    Remember that your wife has already been dealing with the baby for about 9 months and can use a break here and there. And, don't get mad if the only thing that calms her is her mom. I have watched the babies quite a bit and nothing is more frustrating then having tried all your tricks and the only thing that calms her is mommy. Good luck and remember that you are the most important person along with your wife in that child's life.

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    Congrats. I've got two little girls and their ability to simply look at you and 'will' you to do what they want is scary, yet I still do it.... :doh:

2011Corvette

Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    May 27, 2011
    Louisiana Swamp (BR)
    Congratulations.
    Lead by example and she will follow. It takes a Godly man to lead a Godly family.
    Get involved and stay involved in Church. Live by this and the teenage years are a breeze.

Top Bottom