My Military collection

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • billy82269

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Aug 3, 2008
    DeQuincy, LA
    I just thought I'd share my collection so far. I just bought the SVT 40 today. Don't ask what I paid for it. It was probably too much, but you hardly ever see them for sale now.
    IMG0001.jpg

22lr

The Lost Hoosier
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Sep 11, 2011
    Bossier City
    Ok I see the history in the guns (being a historical gun nut myself). But that blade has me curious. Genuine Jap? Any history that you know of and would mind sharing?

Nice looking collection.

dwr461

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    Very nice. I've been collecting military rifles too. Right now: 1903A3, Mosin Nagant m91/30, Arisaka Type 99, SMLE, 98K, M24/47, Madsen M47 (aka Columbia M58), Hakim, K31, AR15 A2, AK74.

I love the SVT40 as a collector's piece. They had one near BR for a while for which they wanted $799. I didn't have it. :( I used to have a M1 Carbine. Wish I still did. Traded it over twenty years ago now. I REALLY want a M1 Garand. It's also on my list. :)

Thanks for sharing the pictures. If you ever have time to take more close ups I'd love to see them.

Dave

my-rifle

I make my own guns.
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 12, 2007
    Jefferson Parish
    I noticed you've focused on quality over quantity. I didn't do so until late in my collecting, therefore I have more wartime Mosin Nagants than anything else. At $39 - $69 apiece I just couldn't pass them up. They're like potato chips. It wasn't until I had a wall full of them that I realized I could buy fewer guns of a higher value and have a collection I could be pleased with. By then M1 Carbines were $500, and Garands were the price of two space flights. My attention was also captured by the Nepal Cache, as Candyman knows, and the rest as they say is history. I stopped buying guns lately, because I ran out of space, and keeping them all clean and rust-free is a lot of work. I recently acquired a Luger and a Winchester M94 30-30, but that's really been all I've bought in the last year. Gotta start shooting them more.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    1bullseyebum
    Top Bottom