My new production gun XDM 5,25

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Vigilante Sniper

Guns are my crack!!
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    LaPlace
    Yesterday I sold all my Glocks, and bought the new XDM 5.25. I normally shoot my CZ Shadow and this gun will be my back up in Vegas at the Nationals. When I get back I'll put it through the paces and see what I can do with it. I had an XD Tactical 9mm built years ago and it was a great gun. Will put a Springer Precision trigger kit in it and I should be good to go.

SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    In before XD haters start

The XDm is gonna be a great match gun. And the XDs in general are very reliable. I had an XDm with Springer trigger and a set of Dawsons, it was a HELL of a shooter. I just don't like the grip safety for a defensive pistol.

Vigilante...there was a guy making die-cut grip tape for the XDm, I think Powder River sold them. Would be a great addition to a production gun.

Vigilante Sniper

Guns are my crack!!
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    LaPlace
    The XDm is gonna be a great match gun. And the XDs in general are very reliable. I had an XDm with Springer trigger and a set of Dawsons, it was a HELL of a shooter. I just don't like the grip safety for a defensive pistol.

Vigilante...there was a guy making die-cut grip tape for the XDm, I think Powder River sold them. Would be a great addition to a production gun.
    I think Scott Springer sells the grip tape too, I'll definitely get some when I order my trigger kit.

Vigilante Sniper

Guns are my crack!!
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    LaPlace
    Welcome to the "I sold all my Glock's" club.

This should be an awesome addition to your arsenal.

Enjoy.
    Yes George, the other day I was practicing with my G34 because I was planning on using it for a backup in Vegas, well the slide cut me again, and I said that was the last time. Until Glock comes out with something that doesn't cut my hand, I'll stick with M&P's and XD's when it comes to plastic guns. I'm hoping I can get to the range by Friday to test fire my new gun, but I can't drive yet and my knee hurts like hell even with pain meds.

Last edited:

latech15

Master class Hero
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 24, 2009
    Pineville
    I got one. I also plan to use it as a backup to my cz. I didn't sell my glocks though.

I know what I am bringing on myself in saying this, but the xdm 5.25 is ONE of the most accurate guns I own. I got a springer precision trigger in it and a stainless guide rod in it and it just plain shoots.

Vigilante Sniper

Guns are my crack!!
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    LaPlace
    I got one. I also plan to use it as a backup to my cz. I didn't sell my glocks though.

I know what I am bringing on myself in saying this, but the xdm 5.25 is ONE of the most accurate guns I own. I got a springer precision trigger in it and a stainless guide rod in it and it just plain shoots.
    Jeff, I had a tactical xd 9 from Canyon Creek, it was awesome, this one I'll have to put the trigger kit in it and I don't know what guide rod yet. Definitely need some grip tape. I still shoot my CZ better, but I just like this gun.

latech15

Master class Hero
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 24, 2009
    Pineville
    Pm me for my number. The springer instructional videos lack a lot. I will be glad to help you out if you run into trouble.

I put ten shots into a paster at 15 yards. I can't do that with any other gun I own.

Vigilante Sniper

Guns are my crack!!
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    LaPlace
    Pm me for my number. The springer instructional videos lack a lot. I will be glad to help you out if you run into trouble.

I put ten shots into a paster at 15 yards. I can't do that with any other gun I own.
    I'll call Scott tomorrow and see if he'd do the work for me fast, last time I overnighted it to him and I had it back in 2 days. If not, I'll order the kit and put it in myself. Since I'm layed up all week it might give me something to do. If I need help, I'll call you.

latech15

Master class Hero
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 24, 2009
    Pineville
    Yeah, there is a lot of assembly required. I would let him do it if I were you. I wish I had let him do mine, but it is good enough for government work.

kcin

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    Gulfport, Ms
    I'm with latech15, I use a XDm 40 4.5 as my production and I think it is more accurate than my edge as far just trying to shoot groups. But I think the solid guide rod, springer trigger job and dawson sights is a must!

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    Did they lower the bore axis on this thing at all?

I've handled one, but honestly, I'm not familiar enough with XD's in general to be able to tell.

Darned if it doesn't feel amazing in the hand, though.

Doubtful but it does have a Cut slide and I think a Ported Barrel?

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    djrara323
    Top Bottom