My parent's house was robbed today (Walker) - UPDATE on page 3

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • zguinness

Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Holden, LA
    So some shitbag(s) decided to break into my parent's house today. They got a couple of TVs, jewelry, and my dad's guns.

Other than visiting local pawn shops over the next few weeks does anybody have any other ideas?

:mad:

Last edited:

Cajunlady

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 15, 2011
    Chauvin
    Post a fairly large reward for info payable only when an actual arrest has been done and they're caught with the goodies. Sorry to hear this and Good Luck!

SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    Sorry to hear that man. At least they weren't home, "things" can be replaced.

Just to benefit others here...what protection did they have? Alarm, safe, etc?

Gus McCrae

No sir, I ain't.
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Colorado
    Sorry to hear that. How were the guns secured? How was the home secured? This will help us prevent the same thing happening to us.

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    When you say Walker are you referring to the City of Walker or this general area?

Guate_shooter

LA CHP Instructor # 522
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    (Breaux Bridge)
    Yeah I would explain what area so that other citizens who reside there can be on the look out for strage things ............

Usually when one happens it dont take too long before a couple of more hit

The_Shadow

The Shadow Knows!
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 24, 2010
    Southeast, LA
    In this economy and present unemployment status this activity is on the increase, not to mention the IDIOTs looking for quick stuff sell to support their drug habits!
    Hopefully some of his things will get recovered and the bastards get caught and prosecuted fully! I'll have to pass the info on to my sister-in-law in the area!

zguinness

Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Holden, LA
    Sorry guys... been talking to my mother.

They have an alarm but of course they weren't using it when this happened. The thieves pried open the back door (apparently they didn't have the deadbolt locked either). I guess they got too "comfortable" with their quiet little neighborhood and learned a hard lesson today. They have older neighbors that are retired but none of them saw anything suspicious today. I plan on talking to them about beefing up their security plan real soon.

They live off of Pendarvis Ln

Everything is insured but in my mom's words "we feel violated". The cops have checked around their house and it appears they were the only ones hit which is making me wonder if it was someone they know. I swear to all things holy that if I find out who did it this won't end well.

Gus McCrae

No sir, I ain't.
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Colorado

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Very sorry this happened to them...... I hope the thieving bastards are caught and get what they deserve.

Not many things are lower than a thief. If they aren't caught, I hope they choose the wrong house very soon.:mad:

JWG223

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Shreveport
    Lived near Mexico. House was broken into 17 times since my Grandparents moved there. Nice neighborhood next to an attorney and some orange groves.

Fence+Dogs+Alarm put an end to it.

Cops aren't going to do much about it, but then, those were cops there, cops here might care more as this thing happens less often here.

local2fed

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 26, 2008
    New Orleans, Louisiana
    check craigslist for items matching the descriptions of times taken from the residence. houses are burglarized, people are robbed. sorry for your misfortune. you really feel violated when your sanctuary is invaded.

tmbold

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Sep 17, 2010
    Denham Springs
    So some shitbag(s) decided to break into my parent's house today. They got a couple of TVs, jewelry, and my dad's guns.

Other than visiting local pawn shops over the next few weeks does anybody have any other ideas?

:mad:

anything sold to a pawn shop will be held for 30 days before they put it out on the floor for sale

zguinness

Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Holden, LA
    check craigslist for items matching the descriptions of times taken from the residence.

Good idea! Thank you.

anything sold to a pawn shop will be held for 30 days before they put it out on the floor for sale

Do you think it's worth going to a pawn shop with a list and description of the items stolen and hope that the person working there is honest enough to tell me if they have it?

Or would it be better to wait a while and keep going into pawn shops to look for the items in the display cases?

tmbold

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Sep 17, 2010
    Denham Springs
    Good idea! Thank you.

Do you think it's worth going to a pawn shop with a list and description of the items stolen and hope that the person working there is honest enough to tell me if they have it?

Or would it be better to wait a while and keep going into pawn shops to look for the items in the display cases?[/

i would wait, i don't think they would look. i had some guns stolen from my house, two have been recovered. don't give up hope

Spent Brass

Keeping South BR Classy
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 5, 2010
    baton rouge
    When I used to live up in MD if any firearms were stolen the police would take down the serial numbers and every month a list of the numbers went out to all the pawn shops to check their inventory lists. Many weapons were recovered this way including my best friends 30-30. With any luck theirs a similar system down here. Just make sure the police have all the serial numbers. Good luck with the recovery.

Top Bottom