My second impression of Dave's Gun Shop

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jchebert1979

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 21, 2012
    Lafayette, La
    The first time I went to Dave's I kind of looked down on the little store and whomever helped me made me feel like I was an inconvenience. It really put me off. Today however, I went back because I needed to put my new UBR stock on (I didn't have a wrench) along with some new sights on my XDM. They tried to get my laser sight off of the XDM but couldn't because they didn't want to damage it or the gun. They swapped out the stock on my Colt and although they said it would be $15, when they were finished they said it was on the house. Then I noticed some Pmags on the shelf. They were $25 a pop and me and the other three or four customers bought what they had left. We shot the **** for a while and I have to admit they completely impressed me with their customer service. I know there are plenty of people here that have had not so good experiences with them but I just wanted to post about my pleasant one.

300blackout

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2013
    Lafayette area
    I went there one day after all the craziness started and was treated like an inconvenience, that was the first and only time it happened. I have been there a few times since then and they have been pleasant to deal with. Everybody has a bad day especially with all the crap that is going on. Please cut them some slack they have been dealing with some dumb s**t lately.

jchebert1979

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 21, 2012
    Lafayette, La
    I went there one day after all the craziness started and was treated like an inconvenience, that was the first and only time it happened. I have been there a few times since then and they have been pleasant to deal with. Everybody has a bad day especially with all the crap that is going on. Please cut them some slack they have been dealing with some dumb s**t lately.

Couldn't agree more. They had one guy in there waiting on something and one of the clerks was just making small talk admiring something (can't remember what) that this guy had. This customer was being completely short and rude with him at every question and finally said something to the effect of "whatever" and walked off to the other side of the store. All the clerk at Dave's was trying to do was be friendly and give this guy compliments and he treated this poor clerk like a piece of crap. After seeing that I can understand how they can have a bad day every now and then. I guess I just forgot how it is to work retail. Anyway, I am glad I went there today and will def. be returning soon. I remember reading some less than stellar posts about Dave's and wanted to let everyone know about how well they treated me.

Top Bottom