My sights are terrible.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    What gun/type of sights exactly? Might help get a better answer.

One thing is certain, you want the front sight to be a higher contrast than the rear. I definitely wouldn't paint them both orange.

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    Apply two light coats of white paint before you apply the orange/red paint to the front sight and it will work better.

dixiejarhead

Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    May 27, 2012
    NOLA/Northshore!
    With that kind of handgun, you really don't need sights. Its for under 10 feet of contact basically anyway. I'd just practice point shooting with it. When you get into a situation that's what you'll do anyway when you shoot it.

SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    With that kind of handgun, you really don't need sights. Its for under 10 feet of contact basically anyway. I'd just practice point shooting with it. When you get into a situation that's what you'll do anyway when you shoot it.

With a .380? I think I'd wanna aim. For the eyes. If the BG can't see you're chances of running away are much improved.

Broke

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 27, 2013
    Baton Rouge area
    With a .380? I think I'd wanna aim. For the eyes. If the BG can't see you're chances of running away are much improved.

:D Awesome response. It's not a gun that I absolutely trust. But I bought it for when I'm wearing a suit and I can stick it in my pocket. I am a former Army competition pistol shooter so I have serious issues with not aiming down the sight.

Jmann

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 20, 2011
    Baton Rouge
    Ordered a kit (Glow in the Dark Gun Sight Painting Kit) on amazon last week to try out on my XD45 . They have all different types of gun sight paints .

gwpercle

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 20, 2013
    Baton Rouge, LA.
    Clean/degrease your front sight first then apply a white base coat, not having anythiong special on hand I tried White-Out correction fluid. It's just flat white laquer and laquer thinner/ fingernail polish remover will take it off. I tried different nail-polish colors but discovered a iridescent yellow-green with tiny sparkly glitter over the the flat white worked best for me. I covered it with a coat of clear and it has been there for over a year now. I looked at every store in town for that special "front sight" paint but never found it. So I got my daughter to help me find the nail polish...she said you should have seen the looks on some people's faces as she helped me compare and select just the right color of nail polish for her father in Wally-Mart. Yeah I guess that was a funny sight to witness.

Gary

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    The Testors paint at Wal Mart works well on gun sights. Nine small bottles of different colors.

SVTFreak

Huh?
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Galvez
    The Testors paint at Wal Mart works well on gun sights. Nine small bottles of different colors.

Agreed. But I don't think Walmart sells any modeling supply stuff any more. Not sure crafts wouldn't have a good replacement. Hobby Lobby stoll had modeling supplies though.

Top Bottom