My son ran a 12.3 quarter mile

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CEHollier

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 29, 2007
    Prairieville
    Last night my son ran his 2013 Mustang at No Problem Raceway. His times were 12.5, 12.4, 12.3 He was pleased with his times. Street tires, BAMA tune, and CAI

[video]http://s289.photobucket.com/user/painman3/media/123Run_zps41e1f7cb.mp4.html?filters[user]=71801251&filters[recent]=1&filters[publicOnly]=1&sort=1&o=0[/video]

Cabin view
    [video]http://s289.photobucket.com/user/painman3/media/Cockpitview_zpse6d5b4dd.mp4.html?sort=3&o=0[/video]

Last edited:

03protege

#1 Stevel Spell II fan
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Nov 20, 2008
    Mandeville
    Nice, is that just a regular GT? They really put some balls in those new Mustangs, I guess they were feeling the pressure of the new Camaro.

SVTFreak

Huh?
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Galvez
    Nice, is that just a regular GT? They really put some balls in those new Mustangs, I guess they were feeling the pressure of the new Camaro.

Design of the 5.0 started long before the Camaro came out. It's astonishing how far below the bar Chevy landed with the Camaro, zl1 and now z28.

Silver03gt

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 17, 2013
    Harvey, LA
    That is awesome. I can only dream about the day my mustang runs 12s. Although I am going to skip everything and go straight for 9s as soon as my block gets here.

Silver03gt

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 17, 2013
    Harvey, LA
    When I was stationed up in Maryland, one of the local mustang clubs I was a member off decided to meet at the drag strip for some fun. There was a guy that was a member in our club with a Roush 427r that almost hit the wall. He came off the line and hit second and it got sideways on him. He was done after that. Then when I raced my car, I tried to do a burnout with the traction control on and stalled the car. That was my last pass of the night too.

Bam Bam

Certified gun nut!
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Denham Springs/Watson, La
    I love going to the track, a lot of fun when you have a good car. My brother has a 2013 Camero wild a few mild bolt ons running 11.60's. That's faster than my drag car, but have the foundation to go much faster. Sucks when a factory car can run that good. Congrats to your son. Sounds like that mustang runs good.

Last edited:

edman87k5

Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Oct 22, 2007
    Ventress, LA
    He should be ashamed for buying a sports car with an automatic!
    But, the manual in those is crap from my understanding and last I heard they still had not resolved the issues of grinding

SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    Lol nothing dirty intended. I just personally think in a way it's harder to safely drive a car that fast with an auto than it is with a stick. You give up a lot of control over the machine and it's too easy to get distracted by other things when you're not shifting gears.

03protege

#1 Stevel Spell II fan
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Nov 20, 2008
    Mandeville
    Design of the 5.0 started long before the Camaro came out. It's astonishing how far below the bar Chevy landed with the Camaro, zl1 and now z28.

The design of the Camaro started long before it came out as well. I find it hard to swallow that the timing is purely coincidence considering how "mild" the v6's and GT's were for oh the past... ever.

Now I am not saying Ford wasn't capable of doing this all along, it just became necessary now that they are not the only kid on the block.

VeedUp

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Oct 15, 2007
    Destrehan, La.
    What's funny is chevrolet us still doing it with a push rod motor, the ford is a modular design running dohc's, those 5.0 with a little work are pretty nasty though. Boss intake is the way to go. Alot of engineering went into it.

Top Bottom