My trip to La Guns & Reloading supply,

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bam Bam

Certified gun nut!
    Nov 23, 2008
    Denham Springs/Watson, La
    I went there today looking for some N135 powder for my brother who's reloading for primitive season. I went by Bass Pro just because they are close, but they don't carry that powder has I suspected. So I made the trip to La Guns and promptly found the powder and primers I was looking for at fair prices too! I hate to drive into Baton Rouge, but I must say it was well worth it.

I went in and got the supplies I needed and then exited the store, well about the same time I received a text from my wife who I am supposed to meet for a lunch date. Shes running late and told me she would call me when she was ready to leave to meet me. I decided to go back into the store and browse while I waited for my wife. The man behind the counter whose name I forgot to get but had a shirt with "Killer" stitched on it. I started talking to him about reloading for my AR and described the type of shooting and specs on my rifle to help him understand what I was looking for. He was very helpful and knowledgeable. He showed me some particular tools I might want for my reloading bench and explained how to use them since I'm a newb to reloading. He also went into detail about checking and resizing brass properly since I was new to reloading and shared some of his expertise. I really enjoyed this one on one service I received there, The amount of time he spent with me was around an hour total time and all for a small sale of powder and primers. I will make sure I spend my future gun money with Louisiana Gun & Reloading Supply due to the great service and help I got there. You don't get that kind of service at Bass Pro or Cabela's! Just thought I would share.

Bam Bam

returningliberty

Nov 8, 2009
    Hammond, LA
    You talked to Killer lol. at least, that's what I call him cause that's what his shirt says. he's a great guy. The owner of LA Reload ordered my sights for my G 34, and unknown to me, he ordered the rear sight tool Specifically to help me put them on. Before he placed the order, Mr. Guillery (spelling) found me at the amite competition and drug me around to find all the guys to had the sight setup I wanted and had me check sight picture to be sure before I spent any money.

He has also hooked me on on great deals and worked with me with my Lee Turret press (that I bought from him) MULTIPLE times. I will Never buy anything that I can get there Anywhere else, even though it's an hour drive for me. I wish he stocked Hornady bullets (in 9mm, he has others IIRC), then I'd never have any reason to go anywhere else at all lol.
    LA gun & Reload has the best service of any store, not just gun store, that I have ever seen. I wish more people knew about it.

Last edited:

alpinehyperlite

Apr 27, 2011
    Baton Rouge
    I will be purchasing all my future new guns from them. Well, with the exception of glocks. Cant beat the LEO prices for glocks at BR police supply. But every other gun ive had them price for me has been cheaper than ive seen used on here. Great guys over there. Amazing service. A++ in my book

Last edited:

topgunz1

Gold Member
    Sep 13, 2006
    Prairieville
    definitely good folk over there! Once I get my room squared away I'm bringing my big box of Dillon550 parts over there and saying, "what is this and how does it work?"

audioshooter

On Target. Send It.
    Feb 8, 2011
    Baton Rouge
    topgunz1; said:
    I'm bringing my big box of Dillon550 parts over there and saying, "what is this and how does it work?"

I did nearly the same thing with my 450. But it was more of what is it missing and how soon can we get it.

Dave328

Jul 11, 2007
    Gretna
    Where exactly are they? I went looking saturday and they weren't 1/2 mile off of Airline on Old Jeff Hwy, like was in one of their posts. Never found it, and I didn't have my phone to look it up. I'll have to try some other saturday.

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    Where exactly are they? I went looking saturday and they weren't 1/2 mile off of Airline on Old Jeff Hwy, like was in one of their posts. Never found it, and I didn't have my phone to look it up. I'll have to try some other saturday.

Jefferson Hwy. on the East side of Airline and South of Sherwood Forest/Seigen.
    The store is on the South side of Jefferson less than a mile from Airline Hwy.

topgunz1

Gold Member
    Sep 13, 2006
    Prairieville
    There's only 4 or so different times that a street named "Jefferson" hits Airline Hwy, it's pretty confusing. This link: http://g.co/maps/8yat5 will pretty much get you to the parking lot. Switch to street view and look south and that's the building, back before it was a gun store.

Last edited:

Dave328

Jul 11, 2007
    Gretna
    There's only 4 or so different times that a street named "Jefferson" hits Airline Hwy, it's pretty confusing. This link: http://g.co/maps/8yat5 will pretty much get you to the parking lot. Switch to street view and look south and that's the building, back before it was a gun store.
    See, that's what threw me. That map shows "Jefferson Hwy". This thread: http://www.bayoushooter.com/forums/showthread.php?64718-Attention-All-Bayou-Shooter-Reloaders says "Old Jefferson Hwy". Bing maps map'd that addy right where "Old" crosses Airline in Prairieville. I wasn't even close. :hs:Oh well, maybe next time. At least I found a nice Walther SP22M3 at Cabela's for the wife to buy me for my birthday!. ;) :boink: So it wasn't a wasted trip.

Dave328

Jul 11, 2007
    Gretna
    Finally found them today! Went back up to BR for some other errands and decided to go looking in the right place this time. Picked up some primers and made a mental note to stop back in for some Bayou Bullets for when I get back to cranking out some 9mm.

Jdalton

Apr 2, 2011
    I posted an add on here wtb some uppers, Brian called me and was super helpful explaning everything i wanted to know. Idk the name of the older guy from the shop but he was very friendly as well. +1 for these guys.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
    Top Bottom