My VZ grips

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Leadslugga

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 14, 2009
    Baton Rouge,LA
    So about a year and a half ago I got some VZ grips for my 1911 for christmas. Canvas Micarta in OD green. I really like them.

BUT, I just went in my gun safe the other day. The 1911 has been in there for probably a year without being taken to the range. My beautiful OD green grips have turned pretty brown. I'm pretty disappointed in this. And before anyone suggests, I didn't get any oil or solvent on them, as I read that they will soak up some stuff like that, being made originally from canvas. They just turned brown by themselves.

I guess I just have to say "oh well." The brown isn't terrible or anything, but it came with plain brown wooden grips already. So for my money I got grips with a much nicer texture and thumb groove, but I guess I'm still stuck with brown.

On the bright side, the brown matches the orange fiber optic front sight better than the green, so I guess I don't have to get a different fiber optic insert like I planned.

Leadslugga

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 14, 2009
    Baton Rouge,LA
    My camera is a piece of garbage, and I'm not blessed with a magical internet phone. I might get some up later, but I'll have to scour my PC for pics of the grips back when they were green.

Top Bottom