Nancy Pelosi can't make up her mind

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 21, 2011
    Lake Charles
    Nancy Pelosi, press conference, September 7, 2006 (during the Bush administration):

[E]ven if [Osama bin Laden] is caught tomorrow, it is five years too late. He has done more damage the longer he has been out there. But, in fact, the damage that he has done ... is done. And even to capture him now I don't think makes us any safer.

Nancy Pelosi, May 2, 2011:

The death of Osama bin Laden marks the most significant development in our fight against al-Qaida. ... I salute President Obama, his national security team, Director Panetta, our men and women in the intelligence community and military, and other nations who supported this effort for their leadership in achieving this major accomplishment. ... [T]he death of Osama bin Laden is historic....

:confused::confused::confused:

Source: http://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2011/05/028953.php

Last edited:

Cat

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2009
    NE of Alexandria, Cenla
    I don't care for Pelosi, but it doesn't sound contradictory to me.

It's true, OBL's death doesn't change the damage he's done, the future of our military (at least in the foreseeable future) or current security measures. There are so many cells and terrorist organizations, his death does not mean an end to terrorism.

However it is historic and certainly an accomplishment. Besides what else is she supposed to say? No comment? Clinton dropped the ball? Bush didn't pick it up fast enough in the nine months he was in office?

Nobody on Capitol Hill is going to put a "ho-hum, doesn't mean anything, doesn't matter" spin on this thing. Former Speaker of the House? She'll support the President with a "bravo". Simple as that. Anybody in her position would.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Aside from the tragedy of the deaths, this lunatic has done more damage to the U.S. than UBL ever did.

images

If you have a brain; this is YOUR enemy!

Top Bottom