Nano vs Shield vs XDS vs LC9

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CUJOHUNTER

EARPLUGS??
    Rating - 100%
    156   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    New Orleans
    It's a growing market trend and I just jumped in and got my first poly, single stack, sub compact 9mm. I've tried the four that is mentioned in the title of this thread and settled on the Beretta Nano. So, what did you choose and why? If you ask why this thread....... it's because this class of handgun is one of the fastest growing market trend in the firearms industry and it gets almost everybody hooked. It's a nice little niche that satisfies alot of concerns in terms of cc pistols. Beretta, S&W, Springfield, and Ruger seem to all run neck and neck in popularity and sales. So..... what did you choose?

Cochise

is not here
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 19, 2012
    Calhoun
    I'm debating between the Nano and the Shield right now, myself. I could never trust the other two. Ultimately, I will need some trigger time with both to be able to make up my mind, but am currently favoring the Shield for the amount of accessories available. I have fired and played with a friend's lc9 and I hated it.

If I could get a PPS around the same price, I would go with that in a heartbeat.

Last edited:

beauxdog

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Sep 18, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    Kahr PM-9. Smaller, easier to conceal & I got rid of another caliber (.380). The newer Ruger LC-9s has a very nice trigger but it's bigger than my Kahr. Too big to put in a front pocket, still has a better trigger then the rest.

Beauxdog

CUJOHUNTER

EARPLUGS??
    Rating - 100%
    156   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    New Orleans
    I purposely didn't include Kahr in my list because even though they are popular, you still won't find them everywhere. The four I listed are guaranteed to show up anywhere you find guns being sold.

Last edited:

rasputin

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 18, 2009
    Plaquemine
    I owned the G26 and G27 and wanted something thinner. For me, it came down to the Shield, the Springfield XDS, or the Walther PPS.

I ended up with the Shield and absolutely love it. I passed on the XDS because I wasn't a fan of the grip safety and came VERY close to buying the Walther.

Fred_G

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    West Monroe
    I have been carrying the Shield for over a year or so. Like it. On a whim, I ordered a Kahr P380 last night, for a pocket pistol. Looking forward to cooler weather so I can start carrying the 1911 again.

Neil09

Rating - 93.8%
    15   1   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    church point, la
    I have been carrying the Shield for over a year or so. Like it. On a whim, I ordered a Kahr P380 last night, for a pocket pistol. Looking forward to cooler weather so I can start carrying the 1911 again.
    I'm looking forward to being able to carry the m&p9c with the full size mag.

xobelkcat

tacklebox
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Jul 6, 2007
    Slidell, Louisiana
    I owned a nano and wished I never got rid of it! I loved that gun, and was very accurate with it.
    I've shot a shield and found it to be very accurate as well. But the nano has a smaller overall height on the grip, which I feel is a negative on the shields, because it's a pocket/cc gun I like a smaller grip.

K10

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2014
    Mississippi
    Try the lc9s before you discount it from the lineup. I had a shield but sold it since I needed the cash for an emergency and would look hard at the lc9s if I had to buy another single stack 9mm.

sgt z

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Hammond, LA
    I bought a Nano because I got a great deal on it. I haven't been very happy with it but being a former Marine I make do. This Nano doen't like reloads, my primers may be harder than what the gun likes. The corners could use some rounding. The trigger pull is long. If I would have been paying full price I probably woulda went Shield.

nola_

Rating - 94.4%
    17   1   0
    Apr 13, 2008
    Nola
    I recently got an LC9s from site sponsor MEPLAT. The price was very good. I also like the availability of 9rnd mags that help make it fit more comfortably in my gorilla hands. I also added the red laser, SportsmansGuide has them for $53.

Top Bottom