Nascar Busch Car in Baton Rouge *pics on page 3*

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Gus McCrae

No sir, I ain't.
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Colorado
    Well even if you aren't interested in seeing a race car or supporting a local driver, just showing up and having a beer would make a huge difference. One of my best friends, who is a paraplegic, will greatly benefit from this event as will the Darrell Gwynn Foundation.

Oh, I'm interested. As long as it doesn't conflict with other priorities, I'll go. :)

BOSS351

CZech It Out
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Dec 13, 2008
    Prairieville
    Please keep us posted on a definite date!! I'm a fan of the Blue Oval variety but would love to go out there to support our sport even though you don't drive one!! Been following NASCAR since the good ole Bill Elliott #9 Coors/Melling days and love to get to the tracks whenever time and family allow. Congrats on getting into it at a young age..Man, you got LOTS of time to get in that Cup car and win lotsa races!

ZombieHuntr

Out the box....
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Nov 25, 2012
    East Baton Rouge
    Damn. My dad hung out with bill Elliot before I was born. Dad. Introduced me to him when I was 6-7. I dont remember much, but I do remember being in awe that I got to meet him.

aleks61

Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 18, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    I finally got the chance to upload some photos and I hope you guys enjoy them.
    2gtw00x.jpg

1st race of the 2012 season was Daytona. At the time I was running Ford's built by Roush. This is a picture of myself, my old speedway car, and one of my mosquito patch girls Stephanie.
    34pyzcx.jpg

This next photo is a screen shot that was taken during the Daytona race.

Happy to be here!!

My speedway car in the garages at Talladega getting ready for practice. I do not miss that old camo wrap at all. I don't know what we were thinking.

15s3a06.jpg

After Talladega, Win-tron Racing picked me up and this was my first event with them. This is the team that won the Talladega 250. Coincidently, I was supposed to be driving that car in Talladega, but that is a story for another time. This is the #32 Toyota at the Michigan test in the garages. I ran about 220-225 mph that day. At the time, we did not have any restrictor plates or tapered spacers to slow us down, but that changed come race time.

After having multiple issues with Win-tron, I decided to leave the team after only our second race together. Coulter Motorsports, which is one of the best teams in the series, signed me to their team. These guys rock! This is a picture of one of my new Chevy's in their shop. They bought a NASCAR Cup shop and this place is huge! This photo on depicts about 2% of the actual shop size.

Our first race together was at Pocono Raceway, where I posted a career best finish! Here we are unloading my car and my teammate's car.

[/

This is a picture of the gar going through tech. My engine tech Lanny is in the guy in the middle there in the background. All of our equipment comes from Earnhardt-Childress Racing!

[URL=http://upload.bayoushooter.com/]

Getting fitted in the car and doing a million things trying to get ready for practice. Thankfully, I have 20 crew members to help me.

This is only a small portion of the crew pushing the #61 Chevy out for practice in Pocono.

Getting ready to qualify!

Chatting with my crew chief after the race, career best finish!

[/

Our second race together was is Madison, WI. This was my first short track race. It is very difficult to take 900hp and putting it on a 1/2 mile track! This is a picture of it going through tech.

[URL=http://upload.bayoushooter.com/]

And this is me gearing up getting ready to go green. I qualified 19th and finished 13th. Another career best finish!

[/URL

That is all I have for now guys, let me know what you think. I apologize that this isn't professional grade photography. This is just what I had handy on my phone and facebook.

Last edited:

philup

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 26, 2008
    denhamsprings
    Man that's great to see you getting a full time sponsor... the family would defiantly come out ... of course you would have to bring sonic the hedgehog for a spin!! Lol... by the way he is doing great

Last edited:

aleks61

Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 18, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    Quarters is open, but the laser tag arena won't be until the end of the month. Our event has been posponed until the laser tag area is up and running. It will either be late Jan or early Feb. I will keep you guys up to date.

RyanW

Koch-head
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    Can't wait to hear the date. My company is based out of Michigan, an infastructure company for the big 3, and we have a partnership with Richard Petty Racing, and a few of the guys from Roush Racing, as well as some others. May have to bring my company car to meet your company car so we can get some pics together lol

If there's time, let's run up to Zachary and make a few laps at the State police EVO Center track!

Last edited:
    Top Bottom