Nat Geo Preppers

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jmcrawf1

Rating - 100%
    70   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Madisonville
    I doubt I can kick his ass. But the old adage about not messing around with old folks is something one ignores at his peril... ;)

Cat,

I believe he's trying to say old people will shoot a mother f#cker before breaking a sweat. You know what with the arthritis and all...:D

JWG223

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Shreveport
    The New England bunch had a killer set-up. They were very impressively prepared, had a lovely garden, lots of human-powered tools, and great community involvement. But no guns, so taking all their **** should be cinch.

No guns that were seen on television...

JWG223

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Shreveport
    Cat,

I believe he's trying to say old people will shoot a mother f#cker before breaking a sweat. You know what with the arthritis and all...:D

"Old people" are actually pretty strong if they are physically active. According to my text books, the elderly retain 90% or so of their strength well into their 60's if they continue to stay physically active.

I discovered this first hand the other day at work when I had to restrain a 70+ year old individual. I have no idea how strong they were in their 20's, but I wager that in a fight, he could have hit just as hard as an average mid 20's something guy who wasn't a fitness buff/fighter. As it was, he didn't get the chance to take a proper swing, but it took more than I had bargained on to pin him to the bed until he could be tied down. I was impressed!

Cat

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2009
    NE of Alexandria, Cenla
    "Old people" are actually pretty strong if they are physically active. According to my text books, the elderly retain 90% or so of their strength well into their 60's if they continue to stay physically active.

I discovered this first hand the other day at work when I had to restrain a 70+ year old individual. I have no idea how strong they were in their 20's, but I wager that in a fight, he could have hit just as hard as an average mid 20's something guy who wasn't a fitness buff/fighter. As it was, he didn't get the chance to take a proper swing, but it took more than I had bargained on to pin him to the bed until he could be tied down. I was impressed!

That can be an interesting thing. My grandfather had a spectacular reaction to many of the stronger drugs used in the hospital, in particular tranquilizers of any kind. *whistles* That 70 year old man would come out of bed and kick your ass faster than Muhammad Ali and twice as hard... He moved so slow on a normal day (Parkinsons) but feed him good drugs, the fight WAS ON. They strapped him to the bed many, many times.

But yes. One of my favorite inspirations are gymnasium photographs of people twice my age, and in better shape. Or a 65 year old running her first marathon. It's a reminder 36 isn't too late to do anything at all. To some, I'm still in my late, late teens. ;)

Last edited:

tso

Observing...
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 18, 2008
    Covington
    Yes sir. They said Winn Dixie opened the doors to them and let them have everything. They had guys cooking all day long. It was like a buffet over there..

I lived out of that station for a month or so (still somewhat of a blur) Day Kat hit myself and three others were sent out on a "quick rescue" while Kats eye was over slidell. We didnt get back quick enough...when the winds picked up....well i had no idea a deuce and a half could be rocked so violently by the wind.

The tangle of power lines at brownswitch and robert came down as we crossed that intersection. Thankfully they were already dead ...we're still alive

Guess Grandma was right...the Lord really does look out for fools!

Steve

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    1bullseyebum
    Top Bottom