Navy Nuclear Officer program

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • madwabbit

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2013
    Lafayette, LA
    I think you may be wrong on this. Landing a private nuclear job is not very easy. Nuc navy will put you at the top if the pool for a highly sought after job that pays very well.
    Yes, you will have a few years of low military pay, but that is better than paying for school and is more desire able than just a college piece of paper. Most people with college degrees do not start out making the big money. With NYC experience and an engineering degree, you will have a first year salary about 3x what the average starting engineer will.

thats OP's decision.

and engineers can work in a multitude of private sector fields, and salary.com will clearly show you that the avg turnaround from date of graduation to date of hire for engineer majors is less than 4 months, with a starting salary of an O5.

I'm red white and blue as much as the next guy, but you're huffing abrams exhaust if you think for a second that the military is a better financial decision over private sector for a specialized degree.

Hell, I hire basket weaving majors for more than 02 pay. and my office doesn't PCS, TDY, or deploy overseas. The military is grossly underpaid if you have a specialized degree. The only way its even feasible (and the way its usually done) is to enlist for the GI, get the specialized degree, then get your ass out and into the $$. OP already has said degree.

Each have our own paths though. Good luck with your decision.

http://militarypay.defense.gov/pay/BASIC/ACTIVEDUTY.ASPX

Last edited:
    Top Bottom