NCIS background check

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 03protege

#1 Stevel Spell II fan
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Nov 20, 2008
    Mandeville
    There is no downside for the FFL to sell the gun to you after 3 days. They get their money, if it eventually comes back denied the scumbag goes to jail and in some cases the guns have been given back to the FFL to sell again.

Well in this case the dealer who is doing the transfer is not the one who he bought it from so it isn't like he can do a credit card chargeback (worst case scenario) if they don't want to give him the gun.

If I had AR10 money tied up in a purchase and the dealer told me he may never release it I would not be too thrilled with him.

kcinnick

Training Ferrous Metal
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Dec 24, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    Well in this case the dealer who is doing the transfer is not the one who he bought it from so it isn't like he can do a credit card chargeback (worst case scenario) if they don't want to give him the gun.

If I had AR10 money tied up in a purchase and the dealer told me he may never release it I would not be too thrilled with him.

I will follow the law, and I think my transfer fee is more than fair ($20), but if you get denied and I have to transfer it back to the dealer, you are paying it twice plus shipping cost. Most people know they are getting denied before they fill out the form. I don't mind a delay, heck I have been delayed, I got delayed for every gun during the process when I was applying for my first FFL.

Booseman

In Vino Veritas
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Lake Charles
    I have never been truly delayed and I have a TWIC and had a TS when I was in the service and for years afterward. At the most the dealer had to call back and speak to someone else. Now this was when NICS was really busy apparently. I have never failed to leave the gun shop/pawn shop with the gun that I have purchased.

edman87k5

Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Oct 22, 2007
    Ventress, LA
    Never heard of any local style gun shop that will not release it to a delayed person after the 3 business days wait. If I do, I will NOT do business with them! I get delayed every time. I have gotten call backs within 5 minutes, a couple hours, the next day and never. Lately, never is the most popular timeframe.
    By law, the dealer can transfer to a delayed person after 3 business days wait (day it was called in doesnt count IIRC). Sometimes, they will get a callback weeks later with a deny, but it is too late and not the dealers problem at all.
    Yes, I too have not gotten the UPIN for a couple of reasons. 1 I think it is BS! UNIQUE personal id #? Isnt my SS# a UPIN? If they cannot get it right when I put my SS# on the 4473, I dont expect the upin to make a difference, we are dealing with the fed gov after all! Last time I looked into it, the process was a lot of crap. Get fingerprinted, fill out these forms, mail us some money and we give you a number that may or may not stop you from getting delayed. Really? I have a pile of reasons that I am sure I get delayed. There was a murderer with the same name as me some time back, I was military, I worked nuclear, I have a couple of arrests, etc. I have a CHP that came thru rather quickly, yet the FBI cannot see that there have been more guns on 4473 to me than you can put in any standard cabinet? Really?

Top Bottom