ND in BPS Bossier City

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Pacioli

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    339ecfw7jt4kjvskf8xl.jpg

Exactly. Thank you.

herohog

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 28, 2009
    Shreveport, LA
    Wait... lemme get this straight, an EMPLOYEE racked a round in the chamber and gave it to the customer who then fired it and was cited? Where is that employee's responsibility in this? I smell a lawsuit!

Speedlace

LOL...right?
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 23, 2007
    Wait... lemme get this straight, an EMPLOYEE racked a round in the chamber and gave it to the customer who then fired it and was cited? Where is that employee's responsibility in this? I smell a lawsuit!
    Sound like the employee racked the round, but it was not able to put it into battery.
    The gun was taken to the counter where guns are routinely checked before they are brought into the store. The clerk checked the rifle and noticed nothing in the chamber but had trouble putting the bolt back in, Natale said.

The customer took the gun back and pushed the bolt in, Natale said. That action put a bullet in the chamber.

The customer pointed the gun toward the floor and pulled the trigger to make sure it was safe, Natale said. It fired one round.

:)

Last edited:

Cat

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2009
    NE of Alexandria, Cenla

A lawsuit? Because the guy brought in a LOADED weapon HE discharged?

The customer service clears the firearm for the safety of their customers and staff but ultimately YOUR firearm. YOUR responsibility.

Suburbazine

01001000 01101001 0011111
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2008
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Eyaaaah...a 7mm Remington Mag going off inside a building? I'm surprised that the windows didn't blow out from the earth-moving shockwave.

herohog

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 28, 2009
    Shreveport, LA
    A lawsuit? Because the guy brought in a LOADED weapon HE discharged?

The customer service clears the firearm for the safety of their customers and staff but ultimately YOUR firearm. YOUR responsibility.

I misread it and thought the employee closed the bolt. Either way, he "cleared" the gun and handed it back and I can guarantee that most any good lawyer will tell you that that opened them up for liability.

Specularius

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 5, 2008
    N31 20, W92 14
    I am surprised that the report said the firearm was confiscated. When I left the Numb Nutz was picking out the scope he wanted mounted and the firearms manager had possession of the rifle. The mall cop was berating the man treating him like the idiot he was. The local PD had not made it on scene yet, so I guess they could have confiscated it.

Question is, under what statute do they take possession under? And does the owner ever get his rifle back?

Top Bottom