Need a CCW class near Fort Polk

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • scottjcraig

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 14, 2010
    Fort Polk
    I am looking for a CCW class for my pregnant wife. She open carries at my request while I am in Afghanisan and now she is too far along to wear a belt. So I am looking for an instructor that runs a class or can do a private class near Fort Polk and uses preferably an outdoor range < for baby's safety!>. We are both in the military so any flexiblity is good too. It is alot to ask but anyone with some information would be greatly appreciated.

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    I keep seeing this sign around SugarTown that offers a CC Class. I'll look for the number today. I think there is also someone out of Alex as well.

Blackhawk

Blackhawk
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 3, 2008
    Pollock LA
    While the additional training is highly recommended, it isn't necessary for active duty military:

From the LA State Police Web site:

"Original/First-Time Applicants:

In addition to meeting the qualifications in R.S. 40:1379.3(C), an applicant must demonstrate competence with a handgun by completion of an approved firearms safety or training course taught by an NRA or P.O.S.T. certified instructor that is registered with State Police, or completion of small arms training while serving in the military (as evidenced by a DD-214), [active service members, reservist and national guard members must include a clear photocopy of their military ID (front & back) with a copy of their last qualification record from their 201 file], or possession of a current valid license to carry a concealed weapon issued by a parish law enforcement officer."

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    In addition to meeting the qualifications in R.S. 40:1379.3(C), an applicant must demonstrate competence with a handgun by completion of an approved firearms safety or training course taught by an NRA or P.O.S.T. certified instructor that is registered with State Police, or completion of small arms training while serving in the military (as evidenced by a DD-214), [active service members, reservist and national guard members must include a clear photocopy of their military ID (front & back) with a copy of their last qualification record from their 201 file], or possession of a current valid license to carry a concealed weapon issued by a parish law enforcement officer."

That means you must qualify at the Pistol Range.

Just to clarify.

Storm52

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Shreveport
    While the additional training is highly recommended, it isn't necessary for active duty military:

From the LA State Police Web site:

"Original/First-Time Applicants:

Doesn't that cover range?

LaTrooper

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 10, 2011
    Boyce, Louisiana
    First thank you for your service to our country. May God bless and keep you safe each day. I know they teach the CCW class at the Alexandria Indoor Range, 2401 N. Bloton Ave., Alexandria, La. 318-442-4988. As the name implies it is a "in doors" range which I understand you do not want.

Top Bottom