Need a Glock certified armorer in NOLA/Jefferson area

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cguedr

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 27, 2009
    Jefferson
    Having some ejection issues with a Gen 4 G19. Just got off the phone with Glock, and they told me to have a certified armorer look at it and it may very well need the replacement that's now out for it. Thanks fellas.

Last edited:

Sin-ster

GM of 4 Letter Outbursts
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Several of our sponsors would work for you-- and I was going to suggest that earlier. I just can't think of any off the top of my head in the NOLA/Jefferson area. You could drive in pretty much any direction away from here, though, and find one!

jmcrawf1

Rating - 100%
    70   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Madisonville
    JBP55 is the man you need to talk to. Unfortunately, the Gen4 9mm's are afflicted with ejection issues. It's well documented on the net. A quick google search will give you some reading about it.

Last edited:

cguedr

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 27, 2009
    Jefferson
    Still looking for a Glock armorer. Someone was kind enough to PM me, but it is a bit far. I will travel there if need be. Just wondering if there is a site member or sponsor that is any closer.

tupperware9mm

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 30, 2010
    Lafayette, LA
    Hi sorry you are having the problem...I am an armorer but I'm all the way in Lafayette. If its not extracting and you are shooting with a firm wrist and you are using good ammo, I would think they want someone to check the extractor and/or the extractor depressor plunger. Now if the slide were to be disassembled and the EDP put in backwards it would cause an issue. This is easy enough to see, when you look on the right side of the slide at the slot behind the extractor, if you see plastic and a bit of spring it is in backwards,You should see a the tip of a metal rod pushing on the extractor. the only thing you can do officially is to remove the slide , remove the recoil spring and barrel and check the extractor and make sure it has a crisp sharp groove that catches the expended round. I am sure you have done this but if it gets gunked up with trash it would cause a problem. They have had issues with the recoil spring and were replacing some of the first ones out., but the ones leaving the factory now are ok from what I have heard. Good luck

Sin-ster

GM of 4 Letter Outbursts
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    There's a newly released ejector; unlike the RSA, they are only shipping them to certified Glock armorers (probably because they're replacing entire housings, and mailing them out based on customer claims of ownership could end up quite costly). Depending on the birth/release date of the Glock-in-question, you might end up with a couple of new parts. And they will almost certainly solve your problem.

Before the revision to the recoil spring assembly, I personally handled two separate Gen 4 17's that were having the same problem. Drop in Jager conversion rods (to the old style spring) fixed both of them on the spot, although one continued to pitch brass back towards the forehead with some regularity. I'm also aware of a pistol that the Jager rod (and then updated RSA) did not fix; according to the owner, the revised ejector made all right with the world again.

Find the nearest certified armorer and let them take a look. If they give you the pistol back same day and say it's fine, ask them specifically about these two parts. If they seem baffled or dismissive, insist that they look into it-- or take it somewhere else. The new ejector is a fairly recent release, and not everyone is aware of its existence or the Glock replacement policy as of yet. Armed with that info, you should have no trouble getting the pistol running. And I have no problem believing that it's the gun and not the shooter-- there's more than enough substantiated reports floating around to this effect to convince me.

CavalryJim

Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Having some ejection issues with a Gen 4 G19. Just got off the phone with Glock, and they told me to have a certified armorer look at it and it may very well need the replacement that's now out for it. Thanks fellas.

I had ejection problems with my G19 Gen 4 also. After calling a couple weeks ago, they shipped a replacement recoil spring & trigger mechanism housing with ejector directly to me. While I am not a certified Glock armorer, I am pretty handy and was able to replace the tmh / ejector following some instruction I found online.

Sin-ster

GM of 4 Letter Outbursts
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    I had ejection problems with my G19 Gen 4 also. After calling a couple weeks ago, they shipped a replacement recoil spring & trigger mechanism housing with ejector directly to me. While I am not a certified Glock armorer, I am pretty handy and was able to replace the tmh / ejector following some instruction I found online.

Whoah, cool! First I've heard of them shipping directly to a customer.

Good on ya, Glock.

Top Bottom