Need a good mechanic in New Orleans area

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • NOLASHOOTER

Rating - 100%
    55   0   0
    Jul 9, 2010
    New Orleans
    I figured someone might know of a good mechanic in the New Orleans area. I would love to be able to take it to Vince at L&S in Baton Rouge but don't know if my car will make the trip. I was told I need the gaskets on my engine changed. My engine is leaking oil and I need to get it done pretty quick. It is a 2003 Saturn Vue with a V6. Like I said I would like a good mechanic not necessarily a cheap one because I would like to keep this car a few more years and not have a car note. Please let me know if you are or have a good mechanic.

Thanks

Last edited:

Robbie

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    153   0   1
    Nov 8, 2011
    Elmwood, LA 70123
    Southern Autoworks - Paul
    504-739-1003
    2532 Hickory Ave.
    Metairie, LA 70003

He did a great and fast job replacing a bad coil pack and tune up.

Robbie - Kenner Kourier Service

velociraptor

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2010
    Greater New Orleans Area
    I have used Duckworth Tires for decades. Patrick Duckworth is the owner. He also does auto repairs. He is very busy as are most quality shops.

3021 North Causeway Boulevard
    Metairie, LA 70002
    (504) 837-5300

He has never cheated me and in fact refused $ for repairs that were warranty items by diagnosing the problem and then sending me to the dealer for the warranty work.

RedStickChick

-Global Mod-
    Premium Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 6, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    I have used Duckworth Tires for decades. Patrick Duckworth is the owner. He also does auto repairs. He is very busy as are most quality shops.

3021 North Causeway Boulevard
    Metairie, LA 70002
    (504) 837-5300

He has never cheated me and in fact refused $ for repairs that were warranty items by diagnosing the problem and then sending me to the dealer for the warranty work.

THIS ^^^^^

I've known the Duckworth family for 15+ years. They're great people.

They will do whatever needs to be done and will not cheat you. All of his employees are great people too.

Rhandhali

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 26, 2013
    New Orleans
    I had good luck with Mitey Automotive on Jefferson Highway. They replaced a PCV assembly for me on a walk in notice when my engine started cutting out in the middle of the road. Cost around a couple hundred with parts and labor, but I haven't had a problem since. I am only vaguely engine literate so I might have gotten ripped off, but I'm very happy with the work considering the last mechanic I had just patched the hose over and over again.

I was reasonably impressed when a lady came in with a check engine light for low tire pressure; they just put air in her tires and didn't charge her anything.

Top Bottom