Need a Lawyer

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Martini

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 22, 2009
    Red Stick
    SO I got in an accident last year just before Christmas and have just been served. I am insured and they insurance company will be dealing with it, but I really want to talk to a local lawyer who deals with traffic cases all the time. So can anyone recommend a lawyer in Baton Rouge for me to talk to?

Thanks in advance, y'all!

CEHollier

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 29, 2007
    Prairieville
    I was in a MVA and sued for $100K (policy limit) while I was in college. It went to court and the guy got damages to his car only. The insurance company retained an excellent council for me. The other attorney was a moron in my opinion. Just curious why you want to hire an attorney when your insurance company will supply you with one? It's stressful being sued but that's what insurance is for.

herohog

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 28, 2009
    Shreveport, LA
    It depends on if there are criminal/civil issues involved or not. If there are criminal issues, ya want your own lawyer! In high dollar civil cases you want the best defense you can get when the amounts can exceed the limits of your insurance.

LACamper

oldbie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 3, 2007
    Metairie, LA
    I'd wait until you talk to your insurance company's attorney.
    The real question is whether the case could exceed your policy limits. If so, you may want to be more involved. Bringing in your own attorney couldn't hurt...

TomTerrific

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 11, 2010
    Centre, Ky
    Ten years or so ago my former step-son was involved in an accident, his fault, my insurance, in Ponchatoula. My insurance turned the case over to a law firm owned by an old prep school buddy. Needless to say, I got good service.
    One of his staff lawyers did some investigating, and it turned out the woman driving the other car was a professional accident victim, for lack of a better term. She had several claims going and saying that she misrepresented certain facts would be an understatement.

Furthur investigation got all the defending insurance company lawyers together, and, while the woman did collect some from my insurance company, a couple of her cases were kicked out and she was not nearly as rich as she thought she was going to be.

Moral: A good lawyer will find these things out and car insurance companies usually get them.

tactical723

3 Gun / F Class Player
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 16, 2008
    Northshore - Covington, LA
    I am a professional defense claims adjuster and worked auto claims for many years, I now handle the corp claims for a large company with many holdings and no longer do claims for carriers. If you PM me the facts, I will gladly try and point you in the right direction.

PrairieCajun

Ima let dat pass dis time
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 4, 2010
    B.R.(da hood), LA
    Take Tac up on his offer. A guy hit my wife's car from behind and then sued us claiming she was at fault. Allstate's legal team took full care of the matter and were in constant contact with us anytime something changed. They (I'm sure by procedure) advised us that they would do their job, but we should consider securing our own counsel at our own expense. This was a fender bender and we chose not to because the attorney they assigned to our case used to do insurance defense cases with one of my childhood best friends and all turned out well. The firm that Allstate employed to defend the case was the Law Offices of Harold G. Toscano. Phone 225-926-6850. Dunno if they take any outside cases. I wish you the best. Stay safe.

PrairieCajun

Ima let dat pass dis time
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 4, 2010
    B.R.(da hood), LA
    Yep, he was and he did. He also hit a guy on a motorcycle before our case was done. Total dumba$$. Beside the fact that he was just out for a check, I think he was too much of a redneck POS to get an eye exam. He had to have his GF read the insurance card to the officer and the officer didn't even question whether he could see well enough to drive?!?.....bet the ranch it came up in court. ;)

Martini

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 22, 2009
    Red Stick
    Everyone, thank you for the advice and contact information! My insurer is working on it now and I have contacted both Tac and others. Thanks again, I'll let y'all know how it turns out.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    joshualectric
    Top Bottom