need a some help with hand guard

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 504ar15

strictly business
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    New Orleans
    Carbine length CMMG. Bought YHM non floating hand guard system and went to install today. As you can see from the pictures, it's not going to work. I can't seem to find a solution after searching.

Thanks for the help

topgunz1

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Prairieville
    If its anything like the 2 pc rail systems I've installed, it takes a ton of elbow grease and a buddy to assist. gotta put the fronts in, and yank on the delta ring like a man possessed while attempting to squeeze the rears in. it sucks but once done, they are tight.

WHEELER

Don't Tread on Me
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 28, 2008
    the railed handguards are correct, however your plastic handguards are non standard

is this a CAR gas system?

WHEELER

Don't Tread on Me
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 28, 2008
    If its anything like the 2 pc rail systems I've installed, it takes a ton of elbow grease and a buddy to assist. gotta put the fronts in, and yank on the delta ring like a man possessed while attempting to squeeze the rears in. it sucks but once done, they are tight.

that or just use the proper handguard install tool :rofl:

504ar15

strictly business
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    New Orleans
    my problem is the cut outs are different. The tube is wider than the YHM guard. I bought the tool for the delta ring so I can pull that down with no problem.

Richard in LA

Mag Whore
    Rating - 100%
    109   0   0
    May 19, 2007
    St. Amant, LA
    That appears to be a CMMG piston upper, and that is why those first carbine handguards looked so funny. If this is correct, those handguards aint gonna work, unless you are a black-belt in dremel-fu

attachment.php

504ar15

strictly business
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    New Orleans
    I'm not 100% sure what I am looking at, but that appears to be a CMMG piston upper, and that is why those first carbine handguards looked so funny. If this is correct, those handguards aint gonna work, unless you are a black-belt in dremel-fu

attachment.php

You are correct and I can't seem to locate the correct unit. Any suggestions?

Thanks for the quick responses.

Richard in LA

Mag Whore
    Rating - 100%
    109   0   0
    May 19, 2007
    St. Amant, LA
    You are correct and I can't seem to locate the correct unit. Any suggestions?

Thanks for the quick responses.

I'd suggest calling CMMG and seeing what type of handguards will fit their piston uppers, or at the very least go to their site and see what types of handguards are available upgrades in their drop down box for customizing when ordering an upper.

Truth be told, unless you can return those handguards to where you purchased them, you are SOL, and going to have to sell them and find a compatible set. I'll give you $20 for those :x:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    joshualectric
    Top Bottom