Need advice Glock 30 or Hk45c?? Final decision!!!

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Young_gun7

Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Aug 19, 2012
    Kenner Louisiana
    For all who know I have been looking for a 45 for quite some time now and have changed my mind many times, I have finally narrowed it down to two, Glock 30 or HK45c. I haven't shot either but can say I've shot the g36 and liked it. But not going with the 36 at all. The glock is roughly half the price of an hk. But many tell me the hk is superior in quality. My main concern is that I will be carrying this weapon daily under a t shirt in an outside or inside holster and need something that hides decently and isnt too heavy. I know both of these are big guns but I'm set on getting one of them. The hk is variant1 so it has the thumb safety on the side. I know that will affect overall width. Your input is greatly appreciated, Im buying really soon! Thanks

SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    I'm a Glock guy, and not a huge fan of HK pistols, and not a fan of .45. That said, of the two I'd pick the HK45C. In my opinion Glocks just don't translate well in .45.

ETA: Just to clarify, I do have trigger time on both mentioned pistols. I didn't personally "enjoy" either, but the HK definitely pointed and shot better for me.

Last edited:

JR1572

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Nov 30, 2008
    Madisonville, LA
    I have little hands.

If I was dead set on the Glock, I would wait on the G4 30 or the new 30S which is a 30SF with a Glock 36 slide.

I have access to both 45c's and USPc's in .45 and they are both very good platforms.

With those options, it would be a very difficult decision to make.

JR1572

franch1se82

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 5, 2011
    Belle Chasse
    my personal experience with a glock was with a glock 22 (.40 cal), i don't know if it was from inexperience, grip angle or choice of ammunition, but i could not put together a decent grouping. i promptly sold it for $200 less than what i paid (just to get rid of the gun).

a year after, i purchased a used HK USP 45 full size. right after the purchase, i ran out to Shooters and promptly put 10rounds thru the gun. I can tell you, the USP45 is way more accurate than i'll ever be, it made me look like a semi-pro.

ever since that day, i've been part of the HK fanboy clique.

to be completely fair, my best recommendation is to shoot both guns and make your own decision, i think Shooters offers the HK 45 full-size as a rental and maybe other Hks as well. Who knows if you shoot the glock well enough, you could save a few hundred bucks.

Young_gun7

Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Aug 19, 2012
    Kenner Louisiana
    thanks for the feedback so far, i really like the look and reviews of the hk, but I can't find one to shoot. Shooters club only has the p30 to rent. Which is totally different. I did however try a p2000 in .40. which is closer to the 45c. It felt good to hold but so does the glock 30 and 36. The money is prob the thing holding me back from the hk right now.

Width, On hks site it shows the 45c is 1.42" with the lever.
    On the glock 30 its 1.27". And the glock is MUCH thicker.

Which would print less??

chootem

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 12, 2011
    Lockport
    I had a glock 30 and while I shot it well I just never could become proficient with the mag release without rolling my grip. I ended up picking up a 45ct with the LEM trigger and absolutely love it!!!! If you held the p2000 they are the same size(pretty sure). Added a p30 and a p2000sk to the bunch as well. Next will be a full size hk45. Haven't looked up dimensions but the glock seemed thicker to me than the 45c. Also you can interchange base plates on the mags to help out as well. Keep an eye out on the hk pro forum(wtb add) and also mike with cross creek guns sells them for $989 shipped!!! Yes he is out of stock but you can put your name on a waiting list. There are several other websites to keep an eye out for them as well to include top gun supply, sgcusa, cdnn(must call) and many more. If price is the issue the wait time to find one might allow you a little more time to save up.

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    HK is better than Glock on any day in my opinion. I have a USP sub compact and have never had any problems with it.

Pacioli

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    Which would print less??

I can't comment on the Glock. The HK 45c with the flat base mag in an IWB kydex lowrider from RM Holsters does not print under a black tshirt. And I do not have a V torso that allows the shirts to drape free. I'm just an average build. If you can find one with the LEM trigger to shoot, it just might make your decision for you. Some people hate it, some think it's the best trigger going. I'm in the latter camp.

Young_gun7

Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Aug 19, 2012
    Kenner Louisiana
    Thanks guys, I have really thought about it and want the hk45c. I haven't decided on the config yet however.

If anyone close by would let me try their's, that would be great.

X Zombie

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jul 9, 2012
    NOLA
    A buddy of mine has an HK45c and I have a USP 45c. While my buddies 45c is very nice, I prefer my USP 45c. I am proud to say he prefers my USP 45c and even offered to trade (I don't think so). My only experience with shooting Glock 45 is in the G36 which I used to own. I picked that one over the G30 because the 30 seemed a bit chunky in my hand. I eventually gave up my 36 because the grip felt narrow and long. Now I carry a 1911, but my HK is my beat around gun.

Top Bottom