Need Help BS Members!!!

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Booseman

In Vino Veritas
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Lake Charles
    As some of you know I have recently returned from Afghanistan after working over there for a year as a contractor. I also have received some of the greatest news I could have ever gotten, my wife is pregnant!!! I need to start working ASAP.

What I am needing and looking for is any help and or assistance any of you can or will provide for me to go to work offshore. I know there are many members on here that work offshore or have in the past. I feel this is my best chance to make the kind of money that I will need and also will put me in a good position to move up.

I have spent roughly the last 7 1/2 years in Iraq, Afghanistan and Kuwait working as a contractor.

Quick experience overview:

1yr Operations Manager: Responsible for audit and QA team of nine.

2yrs Sr Operations Coordinator: Responsible for a team of 8 that took care of all duties involved for running a military camp.

3 1/2yrs HSE Coordinator: Oversaw all safety operations and training for all employees on a military camp.

1yr Physical Security Supervisor: Armed security operating out of Kuwait taking convoy's to Baghdad and elsewhere in Iraq.

2yrs Sales Manager: Ran the Cingular Wireless store in a mall with a staff of 10.

LSUh20fowler

In the woods
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Vidrine,LA
    Get a resume together and go to Island Operating, Woodgroup Production, Shamrock Production. They all have offices in Lafayette and do hire people getting out of the military. We have several working out here now for a few months.

Booseman

In Vino Veritas
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Lake Charles
    Really appreciate all the help folks. Goes to show the great community that we belong too. There are some really good heart'd people on here that want to help.

Jason

dwsonar

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Lockport
    My advice would be, stick with HSE. You'll make decent money and won't break your back doing it. HSE is only going to get bigger. Try the majors, or their are safety companies ou could go to.
    Good luck.

Booseman

In Vino Veritas
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Lake Charles
    Yeah, I actually walked in to drop off a resume and they were doing half assed interviews. He said if I knew someone that worked there he could ask them about me and put me to work pretty quick. But without knowing someone it could be awhile.

Went to wood group as well and pharma-safe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Booseman

In Vino Veritas
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Lake Charles
    Ok, I have gone to many of the places mentioned and talked to someone and or turned in a resume. I really hope I get something soon.

I also want to say thank you to all that have given advice and suggestions. Any other help and or advice is greatly appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom