Need information from the informed

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • oldman45

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 22, 2010
    northwest LA
    There is a website I have giving the number of permittees in Louisiana as well as by acrea code, zip code, suspensions, by race, age and etc.

The problem is it is four years old.

Actually I only need the current number of permit holders.

Does anyone have the correct number?

Specularius

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 5, 2008
    N31 20, W92 14
    The last report that was published was in 2009. I was under the impression that the Concealed Handgun Unit had to issue a report to the state legislature annually no later than March 31st. There may be more reports in the legislative archive but I have not been able to find them.

oldman45

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 22, 2010
    northwest LA
    The last report that was published was in 2009. I was under the impression that the Concealed Handgun Unit had to issue a report to the state legislature annually no later than March 31st. There may be more reports in the legislative archive but I have not been able to find them.

That is the last one I have been able to locate as well.

The way I read it, they show the total number of permits issued since inception and for 2009. However, the total number includes many that did not renew their permits, has been revoked or suspended.

I want the total number of valid permits at this time. A friend got his permit back in August but it is numbered by applicant as would be expected and not by active permit.

I figure there are about 55,000 active permits in Louisiana.

Peacemaker

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 10, 2012
    Slidell, La
    I think Louisiana passed legislation that makes that private information now.. I know someone on here will know more about this than I do..

oldman45

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 22, 2010
    northwest LA
    Actually it is law they have to publish that information. Some way or another, it is a requirement that the number of permits and other stats be made public annually. However, I can only find where that was complied with twice. That having been said, it may be I just did not find where it was published in other years. That office of the LASP is one of the most efficiently ran departments in the system.

As written:

In accordance with L.R.S. 40:1379.3(R)(2), the Department of Public Safety and
    Corrections, Office of State Police is providing the following information as a
    summation of the Concealed Handgun Permit Unit

What is not available are the names, addresses and such of those having permits.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    cajuntiger84
    Top Bottom