Need opinion on Glock 19

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • WestBank_Dan

My Ninja dog!!!
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 24, 2008
    Marrero, LA
    I'm thinking of purchasing a Glock 19, does anyone have any reviews or opinions about it???? Also where can I purchase one for a good price?? Seen it at Academy Sports for $500 so far.

Manimal

Get'n Duffy!
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 27, 2007
    Louisiana
    I have one and I love it. In fact, I liked it so much that I sold my XD .45 so I could get one.

A lot of people here have them, some people carry them daily.

Great pistol for what it is, IMO.

Reliable, and accurate enough.

Get Night Sights or XS Big Dots

Vanilla Gorilla

The Gringo Pistolero
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    Best 9mm Combat Handgun. Small enough to conceal, big enough to fight with. Great Capacity and maybe next to the 17 the most reliable of all Glocks.

webb

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 30, 2008
    Baton Rouge, LA. / Mobile, AL.
    While I do not own a G19 I can tell you all about its little brother the G23. I own (2) G23's if that tells you anything. I am not a marksman but you would be hard pressed to find someone willing to make arguments to its accuracy when I am shooting this gun. I own a variety of pistols and when I shoot IPSC I have my G23. I realize there are people on here that are supermen when it comes to competition but I shoot this gun because I want to be as comfortable shooting as a child in his mothers womb. With all of that said the G19 shoots a 9mm and the G23 shoots a .40 S&W both are more accurate than most of us and the dependability should not even be allowed to be discussed here. All glocks Have 3 safety features (Yes I said 3.....read an owners manuel) and function the same. My point is if you learn to shoot one Glock you can shoot them all. This post comes from someone that hated a Glock but had no reason for the hatred, now that I own a couple my gun safe will never be without one unless we quit voting.

BOSS302

Pain is temporary
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    SELA
    I bought one a few months ago to compliment the XD45. I have put about 2K rounds through the pipe with absolutely NO malfunctions of any kind. (CCI Blazer , Blazer Brass, WWB, HST, Goldot) It is concealable, accurate, relatively inexpensive ammunition, and can take a hell of a lot of abuse and still function. I am by no means a glock lover, but this gun has served me well, and I feel it was one of the best firearm purchases I have made thus far IMHO.

BR 870

Standing behind you...
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 23, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    Glock 19 and 23 share the frame size.

I can let you try both regular 3 dot and XS big dots...

W/o night sites do not pay over $450
    +1... Some very good deals can be found if you look for NIB Glocks. I got my G22 for about $450.
    IMO the G19 is the best all around 9mm handgun. You won't be sorry...

Richierich

RichieRich
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 16, 2008
    NoLa
    Well being i dont own nor will own a glock ill even say its a good gun for what it is, a glock. Shot all different caliber glocks and what not all seem relatively the same.

Top Kek

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    nola
    i bought my G19 the day i turned 21. i'll never sell it.

i'm 5'6" and it fits my frame/hands perfectly. i purchased mine from academy as well.

WestBank_Dan

My Ninja dog!!!
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 24, 2008
    Marrero, LA
    thanks for the info guys. its pretty much what i plan on getting with the extra $600 the government is giving us lol. plus it will be way cheaper for me to shoot at the range since 9mm's are more affordable. but i plan on keeping it in my car as well.

Top Bottom