need opinions on cc

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • irishredhead

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 28, 2010
    Slidell, La
    Im gonna be looking Into getting a cc pretty soon. Any suggestions? The only gun I have right now is a Springfield xdm 9mm. And I love it. I'm not really partial to a revolver or a handgun. Just as long as it'll do the job if it needs to. I'm about 5'6, 115 pounds. I dont really carry a purse around. So more often then not it'll be on in my wasteband, or ankle.

Last edited:

deafdave3

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 26, 2010
    Im gonna be looking Into getting a cc pretty soon. Any suggestions? The only gun I have right now is a Springfield xdm 9mm. And I love it. I'm not really partial to a revolver or a handgun. Just as long as it'll do the job if it needs to. I'm about 5'6, 115 pounds. I dont really carry a purse around. So more often then not it'll be on in my wasteband, or ankle.

Why can't you carry that? There's nothing wrong with it.

deafdave3

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 26, 2010

Irish, I don't mean to offend you and I'm sorry if I do, but you cannot CC until you're 21.

Guate_shooter

LA CHP Instructor # 522
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    (Breaux Bridge)
    THe main problem for a female is going to be the clothing, NOT really sure on what kind of clothes you wear and what not but that could be a factor on the max size that will be convenient to carry and purchase without printing too much and without heaving to change your entire closet around the gun.

Ankle carry is definelty an option and I actually carry a J-Frame Revo when in need of something away from my hip, I also own a small 380 that I use for pocket carry is super small and thin so its quite comfortable.

Just keep in mind that depending on the platform that you choose you might have bigger limitations, as long as you understand that you should be good to go.

Best of luck and keep us posted on what you chose,

THe bodyguard 380 seems like an awesome choice IMO but it falls under the big 380 class, still duable for pocket carry though.

If you decide to go purse carry INVEST on a purse that is design for that purpose, it would make deployment of your weapon much easier and efficient.

irishredhead

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 28, 2010
    Slidell, La
    Irish, I don't mean to offend you and I'm sorry if I do, but you cannot CC until you're 21.

...well ****. lol. I wont get it yet then. But I still want opinions so when I do go 2 get one i know what NOT to get. Plus I wanna go to the range and get good with it before I do carry. :p

Last edited:

chad

Rating - 100%
    156   0   0
    Jul 27, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    I have the XDM 9 as well, it's a great range gun. While _I_ wouldn't carry anything other then a 45, I know many people who carry the M&P 9 compact, and are very happy with it, if you want to stick with the 9mm. If you don't care, as Dave said, Bersa makes some nice .380s for GREAT prices. If you have questions, he knows everything there is to know about them, also the never ending question of the thunder vs. firestorm.

irishredhead

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 28, 2010
    Slidell, La
    I really like the Bersa Thunder .380 or the Bersa Thunder CC. I bought a pink one (Breast Cancer edition) for my fiancée for Valentine's Day.

The gun i've been looking at alot lately is a Taurus ultra-lite protector model. It's a .38 special. Would that be a good cc?

dtd80

Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Nov 21, 2009
    Abbeville, Louisiana
    If you wear dresses a lot, I've seen thigh carry. IWB would be your best bet but the best options are "thin" pistols. Single stack. Pretty limited when it comes to that.

I carried a Sig P238. Great carry. Wanted a 9mm, so now I carry a Kahr P9. And the list goes on:

Kahr PM9
    Kahr P380
    Walther P380
    Walther PPS 9mm
    Kimber Solo 9mm
    Bersa 380
    Sig P238
    Colt Mustang 380
    etc...

Pretty much thin would be most comfortable along with a good IWB holster. That's my take.

yamatitan

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 27, 2009
    Prairieville, LA
    If you like your xdm full size you might want to look at the compact xdm.
    http://www.the-m-factor.com/html/home.html

I carry the xd version and I love it. It might be a little big for a girl that wheres tight clothing though. My girlfriend 115lb shoots it just fine and its the .40 version. From the look of it in your avatar your pretty skinny so it will probably print at the grip. If you want something a little smaller I would look into the Kahr PM9. If you want even smaller than the ruger lcp or the kahr .380. IMO the bersa is way too big for a .380.

irishredhead

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 28, 2010
    Slidell, La
    If you like your xdm full size you might want to look at the compact xdm.
    http://www.the-m-factor.com/html/home.html

I carry the xd version and I love it. It might be a little big for a girl that wheres tight clothing though. My girlfriend 115lb shoots it just fine and its the .40 version. From the look of it in your avatar your pretty skinny so it will probably print at the grip. If you want something a little smaller I would look into the Kahr PM9. If you want even smaller than the ruger lcp or the kahr .380. IMO the bersa is way too big for a .380.

lol. i think you just made blackboltss's day. He's been wanting a cc for his bday coming up. and he was looking at the xd subcompact. But yeah. I love my xdm. So ill definately check that one out :) thanks a bunch!

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    djrara323
    Top Bottom