Need recon on Harbor Center Gunshow 7/13-7/14 Slidell

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • todbnla

Spendasauris
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 19, 2012
    Picayune, MS
    Wondering if the Harbor Center gun show this weekend will be as crowded as it was last time I went and how bad the ammo prices are jacked up, last time it was crazy.
    If you go please post how it was, thanks! :cool:

stancel

Swamp Stalker
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Carriere, MS
    I only went because somebody paid my way to go with them. Pretty crowded first thing, but thinned out later. It is your typical slidell gun show. Ruger 10/22's with tapco stocks priced at $400+. Gen3 glocks priced at $550+. The ammo was too pricey for me, but not outrageous. They had decent priced magazines though like Pmags 3 for $45 and factory glock mags for $30. Not cheap, but not crazy. Pretty much every AR I priced was way too high, but I only spot checked here and there. Saw a M1A Socom for $1950 :eek3:.

It is nice to look at all that stuff in one place, but I didn't see anything priced in my comfort zone. Admittedly though, I wasn't really looking to buy anything so I didn't price everything I saw. Maybe there was a deal hidden in there somewhere and I missed it.

Unfortunately, my wife found a hella nice concealed carry purse that she fell in love with. Needless to say, it was well within her comfort zone so I left the show $120 lighter.

Last edited:

Grim333

Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    Madisonvile, La.
    A normal show, as far as attendance. Saw a Gen3 G26 for $499, and a G17 for $517. Gen4s were going for around $570. S&W M&P .556 AR for $700; saw an AR with a polymer receiver for around $600. Seems like the ARs are back to more normal prices, at least for some dealers. Ammo was still ridiculously expensive. Small pistol primers $70 for a 1000.

Richard in LA

Mag Whore
    Rating - 100%
    109   0   0
    May 19, 2007
    St. Amant, LA
    I went, had a good time with my son and a coworker, it was a nice change of pace from the Lamar show I'm used to going to. I didn't even look at the ammo vendors, but did see some comical prices on ammo at other tables, such as $199 for 300 round South African battle packs of 5.56 and $69/79 bricks of .22lr. I did purchase a NIB HK 416 .22lr for my son for $400 OTD with a 20 and 30 rd magazine, I thought that was a good price, as I was prepared to buy a M&P 15-22 for more and this one has a factory quad rail already. Lots of people walking around with some nice stuff, but they weren't really looking to sell, but trade. The expo center itself was very nice, parking was great (had attendants walking around directing traffic/parking), A/C was great, and the food there was good too. Was worth my time as on the way home he told me he had a great time today.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeyy504
    Top Bottom