Need Sherburne Access and Condition Info

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jughead

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    Has anyone been there from US 190 way? How is the access Rd condition for small suv? What is range conditions? Do they have adequate target stands? THANKS

Taparia

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 25, 2010
    Denham Springs, LA
    i went 2 weekends ago. i believe the way by 190 is still blocked so you have to go by way of the interstate. the range is in great shape...the only thing not there are sandbags. back to normal otherwise.

ranrose1

RANROSE
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 30, 2011
    Greenwell Springs La
    passed that way Saturday night and west bound is STILL closed to through traffic on the Morganza. the only way in right now is from interstate, i have been waiting myself to go!

rp85

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 3, 2009
    baton rouge
    been there twice in the last 3 weeks. last time was monday a week ago.

there was a sign about work on the 6 mile bridge but remember the dates.

got there via hwy 190, road to sherburn is in good shape, but the last turn before the range road had several bad spots. just take it slow not problem. condition of the range itself is great.

watch out for local radar, they were out both trips.

sandman7925

Wealthy women wanted
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    False River
    I went recently from Baton Rouge and I will never go via 190 again. The way from I 10 is only a few minutes longer and more scenic. Unless you live off of Arline take I 10

wheelr

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 10, 2011
    Lafayette
    I went the range a couple Saturdays ago (during the tropical storm) and the road from 190 was a bit rough but doable in any SUV type vehicle.

I took the I-10 route today and I'd say the gravel road is in better shape than some parts of the Interstate. :D

Zelion

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 15, 2011
    Zachary, LA
    I went out there this past Sunday. Road from 190 still not open but should be this week accoriding to a guy that talked to a trooper. We went via the I-10 route.

Last edited:

csbutton

Unreconstructed
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 30, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    My son, daughter and I went Sunday... Highway 190 is closed over the Morganza Spillway, so we went north from I-10 at Whiskey Bay..very dusty, but the gravel road is in very good shape. The range itself is in good condition, some fences down in places, but looks like its old self.

flamatrix99

Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Oct 7, 2008
    Zachary, La
    I haven't been out there since before the flood. I am waiting for my RJF AR to come in before I go again. I have a few guns that I have aquired that I have not shot yet because the range was closed.

sandman7925

Wealthy women wanted
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    False River
    I went Saturday too. I timed it going via I10 and back 190. It took 5 minutes longer to go I 10. So don't sweat that part. It's a better drive anyway

Guate_shooter

LA CHP Instructor # 522
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    (Breaux Bridge)
    hmmmmmmmmmmm

according to a co worker he was JUST there this past weekend, he entered via I-10 since I told him it was closed the other way BUT he claims to have exited the Opelousas way since it was already open

sandman7925

Wealthy women wanted
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    False River
    hmmmmmmmmmmm

according to a co worker he was JUST there this past weekend, he entered via I-10 since I told him it was closed the other way BUT he claims to have exited the Opelousas way since it was already open
    Well, I think you can exit on to 190 and go west from Sherburn. The westbound section that is closed is on the other end of the spillway bridge.

sandman7925

Wealthy women wanted
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    False River
    I'm staying at my inlaws in New Roads this weekend and I want to go shooting which way could I go to get to Sherburne.
    if 190 is still closed that's a good question. I would say take the levee right before the begining of the spillway bridge all the way to I10. It comes out at the Ramah exit. Then take I10 west to the Whiskey Bay exit.

Top Bottom