Need some help....

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BOSS302

Pain is temporary
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    SELA
    My uncle gave me a R870 HD 7-shot that he picked up from a pawn shop. The gun has never been fired and is in great shape, but there is a slight problem. He bought a Knoxx Spec-Ops stock, and upon removing the buttstock noticed that the threads on the gun were severely stripped. He tried to install the knoxx anyway and stripped the head of the screw. I have tried everything I can to get this one or the oem stock back on, but the damn thing will not budge more than half-way.

I am pretty sure that the screw for the oem buttstock is a tad crooked, thus contributing to why it will not go in.

If someone can help that would be great, but if I'm SHOTL, then I guess I'm going to have to figure something else out.

Richard in LA

Mag Whore
    Rating - 100%
    109   0   0
    May 19, 2007
    St. Amant, LA
    how long is the stock bolt? 6" or 10 1/4" Midway has the 6" one in stock for less than $4, and lists it as 1/4 x 28 threads. You could possibly chase the threads on the rear of the reciever with a tap, and get a new bolt and be in business.

BOSS302

Pain is temporary
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    SELA
    how long is the stock bolt? 6" or 10 1/4" Midway has the 6" one in stock for less than $4, and lists it as 1/4 x 28 threads. You could possibly chase the threads on the rear of the reciever with a tap, and get a new bolt and be in business.

I'm going to have to look into that. I'm going to take a better look at it tomorrow when I don't have a 14hr shift under my belt. Thanks for the tip.

Sounds like you're screwed. If you'd like, I can take it off of your hands at no charge.

:mamoru:

BOSS302

Pain is temporary
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    SELA
    I think I've got it figured out, I'm going to get a new receiver stud and bolt. Does anyone know how I can get a hold of the screw for the knoxx spec-ops stock? The one that I have is pretty much stripped beyond hope.

Here's what I'm getting...

Stud - http://www.midwayusa.com/eproductpage.exe/showproduct?saleitemid=814710
    Bolt - http://www.midwayusa.com/eproductpage.exe/showproduct?saleitemid=541912

This is what I need a screw for...

http://www.knoxx.com/products/SpecOps_Stock.php

Any help would be very much appreciated. Thanks.

Last edited:

spanky

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    141   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    Gonzales, LA
    your best bet would be to contact knoxx support or customer service and see if they'd sell you or even give you one

BOSS302

Pain is temporary
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    SELA
    your best bet would be to contact knoxx support or customer service and see if they'd sell you or even give you one

That's my problem, the stock had been shaved a little to get the original screw out....not my doing.

BOSS302

Pain is temporary
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    SELA
    here's what I'm talking about...

Stock_
    IMG_0235.jpg

Stripped Screw_
    IMG_0234.jpg

Bayoupiper

New Curmudgeon
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 28, 2008
    Iowa, LA
    There is a specialty bolt and fastener store off of Wooddale called Bolttech in BR.
    Everytime I've needed a special bolt, they have had it.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom