Need some intel from folks in the Metairie area

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gunslinger06

Never go to BR/NO
    Rating - 100%
    63   0   0
    Mar 11, 2008
    Leesville,LA
    I’m sending my wife to a conference at Celebration Church on Airline in Metairie. I’m looking for a secure place to stay. Is there anywhere in that area I should avoid? I pulled up the crime report and it looks like a Christmas tree but I have never spent any time there. There are several AirBnBs and hotels. Just looking for some local insight. Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

MetalVendor

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    86   0   0
    Jan 16, 2017
    Jefferson
    Celebration Church on Airline? That’s not in a bad area, but certainly also isn’t in the best area of Metairie. Good news is, that’s just a minute or two from Old Metairie. Old Metairie is a very nice area. If you can find an AirBnb in Old Metairie, that should suit your needs nicely and be very close to Celebration. There are also plenty of good places to eat around there. It’s a generally safe part of Jefferson Parish.

gunslinger06

Never go to BR/NO
    Rating - 100%
    63   0   0
    Mar 11, 2008
    Leesville,LA
    Celebration Church on Airline? That’s not in a bad area, but certainly also isn’t in the best area of Metairie. Good news is, that’s just a minute or two from Old Metairie. Old Metairie is a very nice area. If you can find an AirBnb in Old Metairie, that should suit your needs nicely and be very close to Celebration. There are also plenty of good places to eat around there. It’s a generally safe part of Jefferson Parish.
    Thank you. I’m not familiar with old Metairie. Is there a landmark or an intersection that I can look for on a map?

WhereIsIt?

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Sep 30, 2020
    Gretna, La
    Any hotel by lakeside mall or even on the other side of the interstate should be fine.

Metairie Road is the main road going through Old Metairie.

Little further out but not that far.. Few hotels in the Elmwood Area and there are Airbnb in Harahan.

Fugum

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 8, 2015
    Metairie
    There are a bunch of hotels in the Causeway & I-10 area, but as a general rule I would say pretty much anything south of Airline Hwy (US 61) to Lake Pontchartrain and David Dr to the Orleans parish line would be fine. The Elmwood/Clearview Pkwy area is a safe area as well, but the zip code technically calls that area New Orleans, even though N.O. is a few miles away. Only mentioning it since I've had people book out there then freak out when they saw the address as New Orleans.

Abby Normal

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 16, 2014
    Metry
    Sorry. I was thinkin of the other big church further up airline. The Feed the Masses church on 4th of July.

Last edited:

Martman300

Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 12, 2018
    Gretna, la
    I’m sending my wife to a conference at Celebration Church on Airline in Metairie. I’m looking for a secure place to stay. Is there anywhere in that area I should avoid? I pulled up the crime report and it looks like a Christmas tree but I have never spent any time there. There are several AirBnBs and hotels. Just looking for some local insight. Thanks in advance.

Celebration church in Metairie is on Airline Highway by Causeway blvd.

You don’t want to stay in any hotel on Airline Highway. Stay away from the hotels by the Galleria. Also the one right at Veterans and Causeway. These are ok, but three others in the area nicer for a comparable price. These by the Galleria and on Vets & Causeway can get a bit shady after dark.

I book hotels for my out of towners and used to go to Celebration Church. So very familiar with the hotels in that area.

Your best bet to be close and stay in the Metairie area is the hotel by the lakeway on the lake, Causeway blvd.

Elmwood area is right up the street, Airline from Celebration. The Hampton Inn on Mounes is nice or the Residence Inn on Elmwood Park Blvd.

Of the 3 I would stay:
    Hampton Inn
    Residence
    Marriott (by Lakeway)

All 3 of these are nice and safe though.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Wrobi2016
    Top Bottom