Need to get a bipod, PRONTO!!! Which one do I need?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RyanW

Koch-head
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    I have very little lead time unfortunately so I have to get a bipod that I get locally, so Atlas is out of the question right now, unless someone has one that they want to part with.

I'm trying to attend the Palo Alto shoot saturday, but just found out today that I can't use a bag and have to have a bipod. I'm going to be running my LWRC 16" 5.56 with 75gr BTHP Hornday ammo. I use 30rd HK 416 mags, and have an Vltor EMOD stock, as well as a quad rail, so the bipod will have to mount to the rail. I'll be running my Vortex Viper PST 2.5-10x44m scope on a Bobro quick disconnect mount.

What bipod should I get that I can go into a store tomorrow and grab off a shelf? Cabela's has a good selection of Harris bipods, but I'm not really sure what mount I need for the rail.

Again, if anyone has an Atlas that they'd be willing to part with, I'm more than happy to take it off your hands.

poor_shot

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 1, 2012
    NOLA
    all you need is a pictinny mount. on the cheap would be a YHM one for a harris. all you need is a swivel stud that attaches to a pictinny rail and you're gtg.

JP762

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 15, 2011
    River Ridge
    I bought a $35 POS from Academy for my rem700 until atlas arrives and I'm actually surprised how nice it is for what it is. Scoop one up for a day, throw it on a 22 or something later. That's what I'm doing

Top Bottom