Need Vacation Recommendations

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HogHunter1203

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 16, 2012
    SWLA
    My wife and I are both graduating from our postgrad programs in June and will have a month off before we start working. We are wanting to take a 7-14 day vacation ... somewhere. I said "lets go shoot something, or go to a mountain to go hiking/camping, etc" She said lets go to South Africa... Now, I'm looking for something somewhere in between. Want to keep it within a reasonable budget (3-7k). We both like being outside So, WYG?
    Thanks,
    Hog

Crippler7815

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 8, 2012
    Lafayette, LA
    My favorite vacation thus far was a sailing trip in the Bahamas. Flew out of Miami and spent a week with a working crew on a boat visiting all of the spots that were off the beaten path. Incredibly clear waters, great snorkeling and scuba, they have this island that does whole hog roasts on Sunday where all the locals go to hang out. Really cool culture and a very memorable trip.

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    You can drive a couple hundred miles South East from Shreveport for one and then drive a couple hundred miles North West from Shreveport for the other.
    Seriously, rent a cabin out West where you can hike and shoot.

Ellis1958

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jul 9, 2009
    Port Allen, LA
    Belize. As long as you stay away from the mainland and hit the outlying cayes you're cool. The country has a homicide rate 10 times the US rate and is a gun free zone. Violence mostly due to narcotics and human trafficking. Ambergris Caye is laid back. Been there twice. Easiest way to get around is by water taxi. Caye Caulker is way off the beaten track. No paved roads. But if you want to get away from it all, that is the place. Favored by backpacking Europeans.

Roatan in the Honduras. Crime scene with a beachfront view. Been there once and won't go back again.

Cozumel Mexico. The favorite of the wife and I. Westernized enough that amenities are easy to come by. Still Mexico in that you know you're not in Kansas anymore.

Of course if you want to go shooting then all of the above are off the menu.

tallwalker

Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jul 24, 2012
    Covington, LA
    Romantic vacation in Paradise, without a doubt a Bareboat Charter in the British Virgin Islands. If you are divers, The Cayman Islands. Hands down the BEST diving in the world.

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    I also vote for a cruise. Tons of fun and a good bang for the buck.

KvichakKing

Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Aug 19, 2012
    Walker, LA
    Head north to Alaska. You can go wherever you want and when you want. Best fishing, mountain biking, kayaking, whatever floats your boat. PM me if you need any specific direction as I lived there for 30+ years.

akfrozen

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 19, 2014
    I second Alaska. 10 minutes out of town and your in the middle of know where. Been here 20 + years and it never gets old. Let me know if you want more information. Bring bug spray...lots of bug spray.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

erazir

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 30, 2010
    Baton Rouge, La.
    I go to the yucatan peninsula quite often. You can get a flight there for $500 and an all inclusive for $200 or less a night. You can charter a fishing boat, climb pyramids, drive four wheelers in the jungle etc for not much at all. A typical 8 day trip with airfare and all for us runs around $2500. That includes ALL food, drinks, hotel...

Top Bottom