Negative feedback protocol

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SpartanSoul

Apr 2, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    I'm an old poster who has lurked for years but just decided to clean up some of my accumulation of gun related items.

I posted some ammo for sale for a pretty good price knowing I needed to build up some "rep" on the site to be a good seller.

I received the following response and marked the ammo SPF.
    Hey. I get off work tomorrow evening at 6pm. Not sure where you’re located but I can head towards that area and purchase the 9mm ammo. Coming from New Orleans area
    I then say let me know what time and he says ok he'll check with work and let me know. Then replies that he has to work late the next 2 days.

I asked if he was backing out or asking to meet another time.
    He replied

I’m passing on the purchase. I wouldn’t be able to meet for some days.

To me this warrants negative feedback but I am unsure if I should leave it since he may leave me negative feedback as punitive action. He has positive feedback and I have none and need to build a reputation to effectively sell.

So my question is am I correct in my belief I am justified in leaving negative feedback and is there a process to prevent punitive feedback from being left? Can Admins review the PMs?

Thank for input.

dantheman

I despise ARFCOM
    Premium Member
    Jan 9, 2008
    City of Central
    If it were me , I would check his previous feedback and see what kind of guy he is . If he seems legit then I would just let it go .Make a note of his name and put him on your " Do Not Fly " list . But that's just me ..
    The ones that stop communicating altogether are the ones that really **** me off .

krotsman

Aug 2, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    It doesn't happen too much on here because it's a generally a pretty tight group of folks, but buyers wavering on sales happens all the time. If he didn't waste your actual time meeting up or something, I'd probably give him a pass on that one.

I reserve negative feedback, and it's only happened a couple of times in 10+ years, for someone who is a physical no-show or a seller who commits to sale and then backs out.

Ultimately, decide how strong you feel about it and act accordingly.

krotsman

Aug 2, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    If it were me , I would check his previous feedback and see what kind of guy he is . If he seems legit then I would just let it go .Make a note of his name and put him on your " Do Not Fly " list . But that's just me ..
    The ones that stop communicating altogether are the ones that really **** me off .
    Good point, he WOULD make my personal **** list. And yeah, ghosters suck!

sksshooter

Jul 28, 2008
    Walker, LA
    i don't agree with your belief that, that situation warrants negative feedback. life happens, i've had agreements made to meetup at certain times and needs at work changed my plans. I've had the same happen to buyers of things i've sold. i've even had an instance that i communicated in pm that i wanted something and agreed on a later day and time to meet and in the interim i changed my mind and backed out on the sale. i've also had someone list an item for sale and after agreeing to meat they had a change of heart on selling and opted to keep it. it is what it is. the only time that i believe negative feedback is appropriate is if an agreement is made and one party just doesn't show and doesn't communicate or if someone severly misrepresented an item.

My opinion - if the above bothers you that much you may reconsider selling stuff on the internet...

SpartanSoul

Apr 2, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    What do you expect to gain ?
    Don't expect to "gain" anything. Don't want to "punish" anyone.

I posted this to get an idea of the accepted feedback custom here. Just trying to ensure the feedback system has a level of integrity to try to give people a better handle on who they are dealing with.

Jiggy205

Jun 10, 2014
    New Orleans
    I’m the guy he’s posting about. Yes I wanted to purchase his ammo but things changed with my work schedule and I let him know don’t hold the ammo.

Spartansoul would it have made you feel better if I let you meet me and never showed up? You’re a clown for even making this post my feedback speaks for itself. I did what a stand up guy would do let you know I’m passing on the purchase regardless of what the reason was people change their mind things come up. But to be honest now I’m happy I didn’t give you my money

twinin

May 5, 2017
    Houma
    I look at it like nothing is confirmed until I actually leave my house or work to meet. If someone cancels an hour before it sucks but I’m not mad if I never left.

It also works both ways. To me the item is not sold or reserved either until I leave.

twinin

May 5, 2017
    Houma
    I’ve personally done multiple deals with Jiggy. I can attest he is a stand up member - accommodating friendly and on time with no bs back and forth

SpartanSoul

Apr 2, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    You’re a clown
    Sorry you feel that way. I gave you every opportunity to reschedule and I opened this thread to see what the general consensus was on the site decorum. I didn't fly off the handle and rage post anything etc.

ETA I even offered to meet another prospective buyer in Gonzales to cut his trip. I just think the lack of "trying to make it work" after agreeing was more of a welching that scheduling conflict. But all is well.

Peace

SpartanSoul

Apr 2, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    I look at it like nothing is confirmed until I actually leave my house or work to meet. If someone cancels an hour before it sucks but I’m not mad if I never left.

It also works both ways. To me the item is not sold or reserved either until I leave.
    So it is acceptable to cancel a sale or accept a higher offer up to the point you leave your house?

Honest question. I guess I just saw it as a deal at "ok".

twinin

May 5, 2017
    Houma
    Spartan I think he wanted to and when his work schedule changed he didn’t want to hold you up or keep you waiting/inconvenience you.

Also if before he told you that if you would have told him that you have someone else ready to buy and meet up of now he would have understood no problem.

That’s why I don’t considered it a done deal until I leave with the item or money to meet up

krotsman

Aug 2, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    So it is acceptable to cancel a sale or accept a higher offer up to the point you leave your house?

Honest question. I guess I just saw it as a deal at "ok".
    My take - Absolutely not. If you agree to a price and a meeting, you should honor the deal. If not, I think neg feedback is warranted and I would REALLY have to want the piece, or want to get rid of the piece, to do business with a buyer/seller who had that in his feedback profile.

But, again, a buyer who waves it off during the process or says to not hold it because of scheduling, that's grey and probably worthy of a pass.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    kjstang02
    Top Bottom