Neighborhood Watch St. Helena style

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LACamper

oldbie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 3, 2007
    Metairie, LA
    Neighborhood patrols were happening in the 80's in N.O. east. They worked pretty well for a while. After they made the news the criminals retaliated. Some cars were torched, houses vandalized while they were out patrolling, threatening notes, kids beaten up, etc. The patollers backed off and that was the end of it.

Yrdawg

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2006
    Big Woods
    That is the article I was referring to. What really bothered me the most was the sheriff's quote.

"Somebody with an assault weapon is no different from a criminal and will be treated the same way.”

What the hell is that about?

and this sheriff was elected ?? hahaha, sounds more like somethin boss Hogg would say

stancel

Swamp Stalker
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Carriere, MS
    Wouldn't it be better if everybody just kind of kept an eye out for suspicious activity? While I think it is their right to do so, I question this whole "patrolling" thing. You, as a citizen, don't have a police department's legal backing if something goes south. You could end up spending your life savings on lawyers trying to keep yourself out of jail, or keeping everything you have from being taken in a civil suit.

I will not hesitate to defend my property, but if I see somebody suspicious in my neighborhood I would call the law and let them handle it (unless somebody's life is being threatened). But put my families future at risk trying to keep a thief from stealing my neighbors lawn mower.....NOPE!! If the police can't get there in time, he will just have to wait for a good sale at Sears and buy another one.

Paintball

Long live the 10mm
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 25, 2010
    Denham Springs, Louisiana
    I could use some cash at the moment, Im gonna go throw my "assault rifle" in my truck and drive through St. Helena.

But officer the Sheriff said no assault RIFLES.... :)
    clarinet_rack.jpg
    ;)

Yrdawg

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2006
    Big Woods
    Wouldn't it be better if everybody just kind of kept an eye out for suspicious activity? While I think it is their right to do so, I question this whole "patrolling" thing. You, as a citizen, don't have a police department's legal backing if something goes south. You could end up spending your life savings on lawyers trying to keep yourself out of jail, or keeping everything you have from being taken in a civil suit.

I will not hesitate to defend my property, but if I see somebody suspicious in my neighborhood I would call the law and let them handle it (unless somebody's life is being threatened). But put my families future at risk trying to keep a thief from stealing my neighbors lawn mower.....NOPE!! If the police can't get there in time, he will just have to wait for a good sale at Sears and buy another one.

This is all I'm advocating, but my right to carry what ever kind of weapon I see fit during the patrol shall not be infringed.
    Too many make the jump because there are those who want to take the fight outside they are going to do the stupid with it.

I promise most of us have the sense to see trouble , call LEO and defend ourself if necessary

Mjolnir

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Question- you come home and find someone in your home or on property. They are bigger and can out man you. You are armed, and draw and Tell him to stay wait for cops, and he tells you to kiss his ass and starts to walk away as if nothing you can do. There is really nothing that can be done right?

Use a taser on 'em then zip tie his ass.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Thats why I pay my $25 per year. Good for the NRA.

Heaven forbid! Damn the NRA! What's next if this idiot sherriff keeps this up? A legal challenge by these worthless money grubbing bastards to restore some rednecks 2A rights in St Helena Parish?

Just like their worthless help with Heller, and MacDonald; I suppose.

Last edited:

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Oh, wow......

I got this "alert" yesterday from our buddy Tom Gresham's team:

"Can't believe everything that you read: Tom just got a call from Sheriff Nat Williams. Sheriff Williams is furious, and said that he NEVER spoke to the reporter at The Advocate, and that the story is made up. Sheriff Williams went on to say that his son has an assault rifle with him 24/7 in Afghanistan, and would never say the things in that story. So Tom now has a call out to The Advocate."

That's what it said.....If indeed the sheriff never said any of those things, if I were him, I would be LIVID at this newspaper and reporter. I'm sure TG will have a followup on this....we will see.

charlie12

Not a Fed.
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Pride
    Do you think that The Advocate would just print something like that? I do.

If the Sheriff didn't say any of that or talk to the reporter I hope it blows up in The Advocate's face and goes public big time.

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Well, now I just got this on my cell:

Tom Gresham's Gun Talk Radio
    "Or CAN you believe everything you read? Tom spoke with the Advocate reporter, and after hearing more on the story (white people patrolling, complaints from black people about the patrol, then Sheriff Williams said what he said), he's inclined to believe the reporter on this one. Does Sheriff Williams regret saying what he did? I'd imagine so. More on this story as it comes!"

Yikes! This is like a rollercoaster!

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Oh, wow......

I got this "alert" yesterday from our buddy Tom Gresham's team:

"Can't believe everything that you read: Tom just got a call from Sheriff Nat Williams. Sheriff Williams is furious, and said that he NEVER spoke to the reporter at The Advocate, and that the story is made up. Sheriff Williams went on to say that his son has an assault rifle with him 24/7 in Afghanistan, and would never say the things in that story. So Tom now has a call out to The Advocate."

That's what it said.....If indeed the sheriff never said any of those things, if I were him, I would be LIVID at this newspaper and reporter. I'm sure TG will have a followup on this....we will see.

Good! Regardless of whether it's true or not, this is just the kind of negative publicity there needs to be about anyone in any kind of authoritarian capacity that refuses to acknowledge the 2A.

This will raise awareness! Yale, you have to be loving this one.

ole heat, keep us(at least me), posted!

Last edited:

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Do you think that The Advocate would just print something like that? I do.

If the Sheriff didn't say any of that or talk to the reporter I hope it blows up in The Advocate's face and goes public big time.

Wait! I remember he was on camera saying something to that effect?!?!

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Good! Regardless of whether it's true or not, this is just the kind of negative publicity there needs to be about anyone in any kind of authoritarian capacity that refuses to acknowledge the 2A.

This will raise awareness! Yale, you have to be loving this one.

ole heat, keep us(at least me), posted!

I will pass along whatever text alert I get. (BTW- those were just updates from the Guntalk Facebook page...) ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    mmabone
    Top Bottom