Never again...

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hunter5567

Monolithic Mentor
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   0
    Oct 9, 2006
    Denham Springs, LA. near B.R.
    If I do a BOS, I put both our Driver's License on the document and take a few pictures of it with my phone. If someone pulled out 3 pages of documents needing to be notarized, I'd decline signing any of that and tell them we will just get the firearm transferred into your name via FFL and the firearm is bought "As Is", the same way you would buy a used car. You'll just have to pass the background check. No way I would install a binary trigger for them either.
    I hate dealing with people like that. Reminds of my brother ordering the $5 meal of the day at McDump and wanting his order custom made.

I think I would have asked to see his Voters Registration to make sure he was a Republican as I would not do any sales to a Democrat under any circumstances.

Last edited:

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    If I do a BOS, I put both our Driver's License on the document and take a few pictures of it with my phone. If someone pulled out 3 pages of documents needing to be notarized, I'd decline signing any of that and tell them we will just get the firearm transferred into your name via FFL and the firearm is bought "As Is", the same way you would buy a used car. You'll just have to pass the background check. No way I would install a binary trigger for them either.
    I hate dealing with people like that. Reminds of my brother ordering the $5 meal of the day at McDump and wanting his order custom made.

I think I would have asked to see his Voters Registration to make sure he was a Republican as I would not do any sales to a Democrat under any circumstances.
    Ha! Awesome! I told him his process was more involved than any other I’d been thru to buy or sell, but I should have just done like you said and told him it’s time to visit the FFL and let him do the pen work and pay the fee. I didn’t mind swapping the trigger, as I got to keep mine and it was a nice nickel coated group with JP springs. He asked me to nicely, bud had he made it a condition of sale I likely would still have done it, as I’m generally a reasonable person. But them 3 pages tho...

Last edited:

DarcMac

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 19, 2009
    Gonzales, LA
    I believe the OP said he was selling to an attorney. The attorney could notarize it.

Actually, since the attorney is one party of the deal, he cannot notarize his own document. Another attorney or notary in his office could, however. (My mom and 2 aunts are La. notaries.)

Top Bottom