New AR build - Advice needed

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rdm227

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 4, 2012
    Prairieville
    I am going to build a new AR with a Mutli Caliber lower. I already have a 5.56 so I am looking at some of the other calibers to include 6.5, 6.8, 300 BLK, etc..

I do not know enough about these calibers at this time other than searching on Google.

Primary use is recreation, target shooting or maybe possibly hunting. I will not be using for any sort of competition but still want it to be as accurate as possible at the most distance.

If you have any personal experience, knowledge or advice please share.

Thanks

George

Don't tase me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Sep 18, 2006
    Denham springs
    I love my 300blk and I reload for it so thats really the plus side. As far as accuracy its accurate for your normal hunting distances. Nothing beyond 300. If your looking for further look at the 6.8

Sent from the bunker.

IronMan2015

All Blacked Out
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 7, 2013
    Mandeville, LA
    Agreed. I just built a 300 Blackout. Decided to go with that because I wont be going at anything over 300 with it. Originally looked at the 6.8, but eventually swayed by the 300 because I intend to run it suppressed.

dbrevelle

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 7, 2013
    Dry Prong, LA
    I agree with the last 2 post. I went 300 BLK because, unlike the 6.8, all you need is a 300 barrel ...all other parts are interchangeable with a standard 5.56. Same mags, BCGs, upper and lower and even stripper clips :)
    This, its desinged for shorter barrels and the suppressability of the 300 BLK is the main selling points.
    Oh and if you reload (highly recommended) you can convert easy to find (well kinda easy) 223/5.56 brass to make blackout brass.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DRB88
    Top Bottom