New argument against revolvers for carry? [trolling/joking]

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JNieman

Dush
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    Lafayette
    This sure won't happen with my plastic gats!

Revolver pinned between carrier and hard surface while sliding across, forcing wheel to spin, dragging firing pin across primers.
    521288_10151502045481870_281535167_n.jpg

Jack

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Covington
    can't believe a story like that wasnt chewed, swallowed, and regurgitated by libtards everywhere.

I would think they would avoid something like this. They want us to be reduced to 1800's technology, showing its failures would strengthen the argument for us to have modern semi-automatics.

madwabbit

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2013
    Lafayette, LA
    I was thinking more along the lines of "even a trained and licensed individual can have situations that result in accidental loss of life" and "if he didn't have that gun on his hip in public, X Y and Z wouldn't have been shot at and potentially maimed or killed.

you know ...the usual liberal babble

though I love your viewpoint on it, and will use it in my next verbal exchange with an anti-gun liberal. "everyone should carry a Glock, let me tell you why..."

Last edited:

SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    It appears to be at a shooting range. What the hell situation was he in that he was being dragged across the ground? don't tell me they were doing force on force training with live weapons on them.

madwabbit

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2013
    Lafayette, LA
    It appears to be at a shooting range. What the hell situation was he in that he was being dragged across the ground? don't tell me they were doing force on force training with live weapons on them.

I was wondering that myself? I was thinking maybe he slid his motorcycle or something

Vermiform

Free Candy!
    Gold Member
    Marketplace Mod
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 18, 2006
    Shreveport - or therebouts

Dukes of Hazzard hood slide?

p14r4lg4x8fqp06wbyd.jpg

Or it was like you said. He was doing some force on force training and forgot his "Safe Word". :dogkeke:

cnodie1

Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 2, 2011
    New Orleans
    Saw this is on Reddit yesterday. He actually had it in the door of his truck when he was struck by a car racing out of a parking lot. He was doing 45 MPH on the street. He flipped 4 times and the gun was apparently dragged on the ground under the truck. All of the rounds went off however no damage was reported and the driver was unharmed. The gun was found 35' away from the wreckage.

JCcypress

Gun Trust Lawyer
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    83   0   0
    Jun 9, 2011
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Saw this is on Reddit yesterday. He actually had it in the door of his truck when he was struck by a car racing out of a parking lot. He was doing 45 MPH on the street. He flipped 4 times and the gun was apparently dragged on the ground under the truck. All of the rounds went off however no damage was reported and the driver was unharmed. The gun was found 35' away from the wreckage.

Yep. Same thing happened to me one time, except I was doing 70 and flipped 6 times. My Glock came out unscathed and actually got up, walked back over and pulled my unconscious body from the burning wreckage. Amazing pistols.

ETA: My Series 70 just sat there and looked pretty.

Last edited:

general mills

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 1, 2010
    Denham Springs (BR,Hammond area)

OK, I'm confused. I'm assuming the pic was taken later at range or someone's back yard? Or does he live somewhere that empty shotgun shells just happen to randomly be 35 yards from a car wreck? If so, know wonder you need such a big gun!

JNieman

Dush
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    Lafayette
    OK, I'm confused. I'm assuming the pic was taken later at range or someone's back yard? Or does he live somewhere that empty shotgun shells just happen to randomly be 35 yards from a car wreck? If so, know wonder you need such a big gun!
    Could be he keeps it for conversation piece.... sure as fuc karen't gonna use it in the gun anymore. I'd keep it like that too. Nothing says the pic was taken at the site of the accident.

After all, it was posted to Reddit, where everyone digs up anything interesting that ever happened, ever, to try and gain cool-guy points via upvotes.

Jack

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Covington
    I was thinking more along the lines of "even a trained and licensed individual can have situations that result in accidental loss of life" and "if he didn't have that gun on his hip in public, X Y and Z wouldn't have been shot at and potentially maimed or killed.

you know ...the usual liberal babble

though I love your viewpoint on it, and will use it in my next verbal exchange with an anti-gun liberal. "everyone should carry a Glock, let me tell you why..."

Use the same logic to move from the Rossi revolver rifle thing to the AR-15. They are simple minded people.

cnodie1

Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 2, 2011
    New Orleans

Pretty sure this was at home later. They had to use an angle grinder to cut it out IIRC.

Edit - Sorry I read it wrong he said it looked like someone took an angle grinder to the side of it. I am not sure how they got it out.

It was hammer down on an empty chamber and the firing pin dragged across the cylinders causing all of them to fire. The picture was taken at a range at a later date.

Last edited:

S&W4ME

I'm kind of a big deal
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    Walker, LA
    Revolvers are dangerous. I will offer a public service to any bayoushooter member who would like me to take possession and dispose of these dangerous Smith and Wesson revolvers. For a nominal fee of course

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using Tapatalk 2

Top Bottom