NEW AR's

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • stashooter

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 5, 2011
    saint amant
    just purchased 2 new AR's from heberts!
    1: smith M&P 15
    1: rock river arms
    What sponsors/sites do yall find offer the best deals on gear for these guns?
    might post up pics later.

stashooter

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 5, 2011
    saint amant
    I purchased from heberts because I have a friend that works there! I was offered discounts and 12 months interest free! I could not pass it up. Thanks for the sarcasm tho. Instead of researching the experiences members have had with heberts ( since mine have all been great and I will stay there until different) you could have linked me to the sponsor goods I was looking for! Instead you only advertise heberts even more.
    Have a GREAT night!

Last edited:

stashooter

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 5, 2011
    saint amant
    damn, didnt realize i had to buy from sponsors. i thought you could use your money where ever you pleased

congrats on the new ARs. they become quite addicting
    I know right ?! I'm learning some of the members are quite the individual... Lol.
    Yea addicting! If the guns are enough now it's time for add ons!

Trey@IG

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 9, 2011
    Northshore of Chocolate City
    well you could have pointed out the discounts to BS members part and the EXTRAORDINARY benefits one might get by buying from a sponsor like keeping your money local, helping out this forum, the discounts etc and left out the sarcasm. someone trying to "strong arm" a customer into buying from a sponsor just because they pay ya'll to advertise here puts a bad taste in my mouth and im sure the OP's

stashooter

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 5, 2011
    saint amant
    well you could have pointed out the discounts to BS members part and the EXTRAORDINARY benefits one might get by buying from a sponsor like keeping your money local, helping out this forum, the discounts etc and left out the sarcasm. someone trying to "strong arm" a customer into buying from a sponsor just because they pay ya'll to advertise here puts a bad taste in my mouth and im sure the OP's
    I'm getting used to it. I understand where they come from but the way they say it is not always the best way.
    Thanks man.

VeedUp

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Oct 15, 2007
    Destrehan, La.
    I wouldn't spend a dime at a Hebert's, been in there twice. First time I went in there I was going to drop over a grand for a 500 mag, they just came out and I had the fever. The guy behind the counter said they didn't have anything but the long barrel version and I wanted one with a shorter barrel w/ the comp. Dude just kinda blew me off and started helping someone else, I waited and then asked if he could order it and how long would it take. He continued to help other people and told me it would have to be paid for up front. Okay I said, how much total he was like irritated with me and did not give me an exact total. He was like over a thousand, I pulled out 14 $100 dollar bills and said don't worry I just go back to Jim's and order it. Some girl walked up and was like no we can take care of you. I was already pissed and left and kept my money. Second time was months later I went in to get a holster and I was followed like I was going to steel something, bug when asked if they knew if this would fit a USP compact .40? They didn't know. I refuse to ever go back.

stashooter

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 5, 2011
    saint amant
    I wouldn't spend a dime at a Hebert's, been in there twice. First time I went in there I was going to drop over a grand for a 500 mag, they just came out and I had the fever. The guy behind the counter said they didn't have anything but the long barrel version and I wanted one with a shorter barrel w/ the comp. Dude just kinda blew me off and started helping someone else, I waited and then asked if he could order it and how long would it take. He continued to help other people and told me it would have to be paid for up front. Okay I said, how much total he was like irritated with me and did not give me an exact total. He was like over a thousand, I pulled out 14 $100 dollar bills and said don't worry I just go back to Jim's and order it. Some girl walked up and was like no we can take care of you. I was already pissed and left and kept my money. Second time was months later I went in to get a holster and I was followed like I was going to steel something, bug when asked if they knew if this would fit a USP compact .40? They didn't know. I refuse to ever go back.
    I'm sure that would **** me off as well. I have had wrong doings at Jims, so I tend to avoid spending there. At heberts so far I have always been treated great. The new smith James helps me out on tons of things, and they are my local gun shop.
    I venture and try out other places whem need be, but I stay at heberts until I'm treated better or wronged by them.
    Did you get your 500?

Jdalton

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 2, 2011
    Wow, thats what i wld have done too... I hate it when ppl act like that! If you dnt act like you want my buisness, ill take it somewere else.

JWG223

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Shreveport
    just purchased 2 new AR's from heberts!
    1: smith M&P 15
    1: rock river arms
    What sponsors/sites do yall find offer the best deals on gear for these guns?
    might post up pics later.

Many places exist, give sponsors a shot, too. The only downside is that you pay tax to this state, which I view as a big negative because it will be mis-managed, and it costs you more. The upside is that you support a sponsor.

Last edited:

stashooter

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 5, 2011
    saint amant
    Many places exist, give sponsors a shot, too. The only downside is that you pay tax to this state, which I view as a big negative because it will be mis-managed, and it costs you more. The upside is that you support a sponsor.
    Thanks bro. I'm gonna try to find a location on the sponsors. (thinking about bladesnbarrel) I will browse the local sights. Thanks again.

Sin-ster

GM of 4 Letter Outbursts
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Not sure what you mean by "gear", but...

Maybe actually shoot them a bit to see what/if they need accessories? And then shoot them some more to actually figure out for sure what you want to change? And then shoot them even more so you're competent with irons, before sticking an optic on of some kind?

"Gear" gives that impression, as magazines are simply "magazines". Those of course, you do wanna acquire en masse. PMAGs/Lancers, GI aluminums with proper followers-- in that order.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Cognac.cal
    Top Bottom