New bacon appetizer

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • toddrod

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 14, 2007
    Vacherie, LA
    So after stuffing my jalepeno I had some bacon left over. Thinking about what I could do with it that did not require cooking I remembered way back in my youth what an uncle of mine would do for a snack. He would take the raw bacon and dip it in white vinegar and black pepper and eat it. Since I can not leave anything as is I did the same thing except I used my Carolina style hot vinegar pig picking sauce that I use on my pulled pork. Holy cow, I have now discovered mans perfect food. Don't knock it until you try it, especially with a cold beer. Heck, good raw hickory smoked bacon raw is good by it self too.

3fifty7

CoonAss
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Bunkie
    Sound quite adventurous. Probably not for me, bacon has as much to do with texture as it does taste.
    But I applaud you for trying it.

We have a family friend that routinely snacks on raw hamburger meat seasoned with Tony's and crackers... To each his own.

Last edited:

SeventhSon

Evil Conservative
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 30, 2008
    Slidell
    My mom would eat raw bacon. To me its just a funky texture I can't do. Like eating a meaty bugger. I don't do raw oysters either though.

gabesurface

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 25, 2012
    Baton Rouge, LA
    That sounds interesting... I would like to try it... IDK why there is a stigma with eating raw meat.
    I love rare burgers, steaks, etc., but I have never tried raw bacon. I think the stigma (and my own reservation) comes from the lack of knowledge as to where the raw meat has come from. If I knew it was from a fresh, local pig, I really think I would give it a try. Sounds delicious to be honest!

blackboltss

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jul 5, 2010
    Slidell
    Well bacon is cured in smoked, so no real chance of any thing harmful from eating raw. The ground meat would have to come from a reputable source and I wouldn't have a problem. I remember eating raw ground meat as a kid right out the pack.. it was great. Now with all the die and stuff they put in stuff I wouldn't pick up a pack from walmart and call it lunch :/ but as long as it comes from somewhere I know is safe I don't have a problem with it.

gabesurface

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 25, 2012
    Baton Rouge, LA
    cochon in new orleans has some amazing beef tartare. I seriously recommend checking it out. Ya'll convinced me though, I'm gonna try some of that raw bacon. Maybe hit up Chris' specialty meats soon or something here in Baton Rouge

doc ace

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 14, 2012
    Pineville/Deville
    Yeah man, I make and eat raw Kibbe which is a Lebanese dish with lean lean lean beef with no strings/fat/anything processed in it. Completely raw, and my grandmother all the way down to me have not seen anyone get sick eating it. She always told the grand babies "it's cooked with the heat of your hands" :) yum yum!

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheMadKing504
    Top Bottom