New Brace from SBTACTICAL

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kingfhb

NRA & USCCA INST. w/ LSP#
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Mar 28, 2014
    New Orleans, LA
    Has anyone seen the new PDW Arm Brace from SBTACTICAL????

2-1.jpg

https://www.sb-tactical.com/product/sbpdw/

Last edited:

Blaize

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jul 6, 2016
    Saint amant
    I think I remember reading somewhere that they kind of collaborated on it or something, but don't quote me on that, don't want to spread wrong information

kingfhb

NRA & USCCA INST. w/ LSP#
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Mar 28, 2014
    New Orleans, LA
    Looks like Maxim's is $400. Better off getting an SBR stamp...

I see what you're saying... BUT... the Troy PDW is almost $400, the LWRC PDW stock is $250, The MVB is $400... add a $200 tax stamp and you're well over the SBPDW.

I've paid the $200 on top of the almost $500 for the MVB when it came out... so this would have been a lot cheaper option. I paid the $200 for the stamp and the almost $350 for the Troy... so this would have been a lot cheaper option (though anything would seem to be better than the meat tenderizer that the Troy is).

It's expensive... but it does give you a PDW a vert small footprint on the platform.

krotsman

Rating - 100%
    104   0   0
    Aug 2, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    I see what you're saying... BUT... the Troy PDW is almost $400, the LWRC PDW stock is $250, The MVB is $400... add a $200 tax stamp and you're well over the SBPDW.

I've paid the $200 on top of the almost $500 for the MVB when it came out... so this would have been a lot cheaper option. I paid the $200 for the stamp and the almost $350 for the Troy... so this would have been a lot cheaper option (though anything would seem to be better than the meat tenderizer that the Troy is).

It's expensive... but it does give you a PDW a vert small footprint on the platform.

Gotcha. I just meant get a regular stock and SBR stamp instead of a fancy expensive brace to stay legal and the same-ish length. I wasn't thinking about the extra few inches for the PDW.

Last edited:

Blaize

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jul 6, 2016
    Saint amant
    The new SB setup is somewhere between a conventional M4 stock and an MVB,which I also have. The rails on the MVB seem to ride along the reciever a little further.

Also with the SB brace you can use a conventional buffer and spring setup with no issues instead of an adapter or some proprietary setup.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Alfred92
    Top Bottom