new build need opinions on bipod and optic

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bearfutedninja

coming soon
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 16, 2009
    lafayette
    finally got mine together cant wait to see it in person
    I know for sure ill need to figure out a way to mount a bipod on this sucker. im thinking drilling a hole for a sling swivel stud. and mount the bipod to that.
    im sure they have better ways i just want it to not look crappy.

also im contemplating what optic to go with on this one. looking for something decent. and trying to stay arond 350-450 range. yea i know this should probably be in the optics part but i never got to start one in rifles before cause i never had a rifle.

attachment.php
    attachment.php
    attachment.php

attachment.php
    thats the other side

Last edited:

rmorrison

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 13, 2010
    morgan city, la
    i picked up a fixed stud from Midway for around 13 bux. don't remember the make & it only required drilling a 5/16" hole. it worked out great for an existing caldwell bipod i had from my hunting rifle.

btw: beautiful piece! would you mind postin' up a list of all the goodies involved?

Crimson

Hk convert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 19, 2010
    Monroe, La
    I would go with a zeis conquest, I have one on my sig 202 lux 270 and it's great when I bought it a few years ago it was about 1,200 but I think now u can pick a new one up for about 500

Last edited:

bearfutedninja

coming soon
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 16, 2009
    lafayette
    its a spikes jolly roger lower. Daniel defense lower parts kit. mappul prs stock endyne hydraulic buffer wolf spring. dpms panther target grip. dpms upper with a wilson 24" ss barrel 1-8twist low pro gas block. basic round aluminum knurled free floater. badger ambi charging handle. im going to use the dd trigger for now to see how it does before i change it out. my brother said it feels really smooth. just contemplating optic right now.

JLouv

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 13, 2010
    Youngsville
    It will not look bad with a bipod on a sling stud....

here's mine: <please disregard all the dust and such...i took the pics fresh off the range before cleaning it>

DSCN2902.jpg

DSCN2901.jpg

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    You can either drill a hole for the sling stud or drill more holes and add a small rail. Once you tighten the bipod down to the stud, it's not going to move.

Caldwell bipods are OK if you wanna go cheap. I like harris bipods myself, but they are spendy.

Barney88PDC

SEND IT
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jul 16, 2008
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    Just make sure you drill the hole on the very bottom of the hand guard or the bipod will not be straight. I would also highly recommend getting a bipod that can swivel so you can level the gun on uneven terrain. If you want to splurge on the bipod look at an ATLAS.

Last edited:

Ritten

SSST Mad Scientist
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Dec 8, 2007
    Thibodaux, Louisiana
    I like Harris bi-pods personally, but haven't stepped up to try an Atlas yet. Check out the Bushnelle Elite lines, Falcon Menace, or SWFA Super Sniper scopes for some decent glass in your price range.

BayouSlide

See ya at the range
    Rating - 100%
    80   0   0
    Dec 5, 2008
    On the Bayou Teche, La.
    I recently sold a Millet TRS-1 and replaced it with a Falcon Menace. The only reason I did so was because I wanted FFP and 25x. The first Falcon I received had a spunge of crap inside that was visible at 4 o'clock. I'm happy with it, but the Millet definitely had more positive detents in the turrets. The Millet is buitt better and has a better warranty but a little shy on the feature list compared to the Falcon.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom